Why do people always say Emo needs to be left in 2007 or 2008?

I do not understand why people say that to me. At school, on the streets and on the internet sometimes.
Why stay in 2007 or 08?

Most Helpful Guy

• Goth, emo, punk. . . there are all forms of rebellious dress, hairstyles, and behavior. . . that appeal to young people who are insecure in their identities and are desperately in search of something that will give them a sense of belonging and identity. In the 1950's, kids became beatniks. In the 1960's and 70's, they became hippies. There is nothing new here, except that beatniks and hippies did not put metal things through their nose or genitals.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 15

• When kids were younger and Emo had it's hay day, the style was what it was due to media exposure and the young age of those who identified with it. Those kids ended up growing up and turned in to "scene kids" then later, hipsters. the real Hipsters were the Emo's of the 2000's... The others simply copied their new style. You can usually tell by who have spacers, tattoos and piercings which ones pioneered the style.

As you know, I am a metal head who looks nothing like the typical metal heads, I hate emo music, but I like the emo style on girls, and wouldn't mind finding myself one to love.

Thankfully tattoos and piercings are becoming more and more acceptable and soon it won't be any inconvenience at all in the business world. Anyone telling you otherwise is ignorant, and old-world minded.

No doubt, you will grow up and look much more mature in your style, no one in their 30's who looks like an emo is taken seriously, tattoos or not. It is simply a childish style (unless you are in a band travelling the world of course), but most likely, you will change your mind about it too at some point, so just have fun with it now and let your style develop organically, you look great :)

• I think all these things are self expression and it is up to the person themselves how they lead their life.

• 3|0
  • Probably cause you're emo.

• Lol. I just mean why is it the year 2007 or 08 that they say go back to

• Because that's the last year emos were around.

For example, the last true pop PUNK Fall Out Boy album was made in 2007.
      Same with MCR but in 2006.
      Same with Panic! At the Disco kinda.

I didn't even look it up til after I wrote the above, but apparently Wikipedia agrees with me
      en.wikipedia.org/.../Emo

Apparently there's some sort of revival now though?

• yo keep being emo, or whatever else you want to be, its cause they swaggots and wear geometric/indian clothes listen to this too (you won't like it cus u emo)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzTCElgWYiQ

• Because a lot of you emos are turning to claiming that you have supernatural powers or that you're Satanists (instead of ACTUALLY being Satanists) in order to stand out.

• Haters will hate. What really matters is what you like and what you do.

• Who knows, who cares? Just be you and screw what they think

• Don't give a damn about it Emi

• Because Emo style was very popular in 2006-2007-2008 :)

• Because you should be like all your friends and express your individuality. Think about it.

• Because its lame, grow up

• Lol 😂 I'm actually average weight for mu height. No daddy issues, I'm a virgin so nope. Well I have been told that I am very attractive. And actually I work out a decent amount

• Prove it, if what you say is true, I'll openly admit I'm wrong and make it up to you.

• Nooooooo, the emo girls are hot tho

• Egg rolls are cheap this time of year.

• Emo was a huge thing back when you were like 7-10 years old.

• Lol I guess I was to young to remember seeing emo, also lived in small country town, so there might not have been any

• It was a big thing. It was also a fashionable to cut yourself (sideways, not along).

What Girls Said 13

• A lot of people go through an "emo" phase in high school, and then years later look back on themselves in old photos and cringe.

• Thats when Emos were at their peek. I used to see emos everywhere, I guess those ones all grew up and dress normal now, so they prob say that because you're late on the emo trend. At the end of that day do what makes you happy. In 2008 I wasn't in high school, but in my high school days I was punk. There's always been the weird kids, we never go away.

• Maybe they think it's trashy and don't want to see it...
    But why would they comment at all? You do what you want to do. If you feel comfortable - it's who you are.

• Eh they too young to understand all types of music!

• I remember the days MySpace was bigger than ever and emo was popular. I guess you can bring it back. Lol 2007 wasn't that long ago. At least it doesn't feel like it

• Maybe I can bring it back, but probably not. No one near me seems to like it 😂

• U should do as u please. It's nothing wrong with the emo style. I thought it was cute.

• I say wear whatever makes you feel good

• they probably say that because it's not "cool" but if you love how you look then that's all that matters. if everyone looked the same in this world then it would be boring so don't let that negativity put you down

• Because those were the years of the style's popularity, I think.

• It's an older term that doesn't really have much meaning anymore. People who are actually what you call "emo", could be legitimately depressed and the term emo could be offensive to them.

• yeah ikr

• because all guys want are thots and girls want f***boys

• Because those were the years emo peaked, and even back then emo kids weren't cool... they're more like just a bunch of unnecessary teenagers wandering with their heads down, pretending to be depressed, listening to crap music...

• Lol I haven't even heard that