Which red dress should I go with?

In April, my boyfriend is taking me to this Army ball sort of thing, and since it's a ball, I'm pretty sure I'll need to be dressed in formal attire. I've always wanted a red dress, and I think I need one to help spice up my wardrobe a bit, since for some reason lately, it's being overrun by black and white! Anyways, I've come across a couple of what I think are really cute dresses, and I don't know which I like better, this one: link (in red)

or this one: link

I really like both of them and need help deciding! ><;

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow!That is a really tough choice,they're both gorgeous.If I absolutely had to choose,I might lean towards the first,but I don't think that you can go wrong either way.Throw in the fact that you are soooooo adorable,and I thinkt that you've got a winning combo.The guys will be doing double-takes all night!

• Aw~! Thank you for saying so. ^_^ And I do love the way the first one looks flowy and a bit more fun than the second, but I love how the second one seems to have a more mature look to it. ^_^

• You can't go wrong,you'll break hearts whichever one you choose!He's going to be one lucky guy!

What Guys Said 10

• It would depend a lot on your figure, but they are both very *basic* prom dresses. If that is what you want, OK... but it you want to stand out, you need to put a little more effort into your choice. That doesn't mean plunging neckline, or slit skirt it means finding something that has a little more snap to it. Black and white is OK, if you do it correcly... but that's the hard part.

Keep the idea of the red dress, don't do pastels... yuk... be SHARP and do NOT do gold or silver. White is tough to pull off properly so unless it is a strong color for you (California blonde with a great tan) skip that color as well. Pink is cutesy... and yellow if you have dark hair can be a winner if you match it right.

Red is a POWER color, Navy blue sort of shoots around the edges, but a Royal blue can be a stunner if you have the right accessories. Black will be most popular as will red... so you have your work cut out for you if you want to really hit a home run.

• I'm kind of on the slender side. My stomach is flat, and my legs are long and are a nice shape, and I have a small bone structure. And I already went with something else. I chose a long satin burgundy gown that is slim fitting, with satin buttons down the back, a slit on one side, spaghetti straps, and silver trimming at the top. It's very elegant looking, actually. ^_^

• I assume that's you in the profile pic. Definately go with the V-Neck Chiffon dress. It will look much better on your pretty petite physique mademoiselle .

• Yes, that's correct, that is me in my profile picture. And thank you so much for your answer, monsieur! :)

• Je t'en prie, profitez de botre nuit a la danse. I hope I didn't butcher that!

• And the first, shall be first.

• Thank you for answering. :) You're one of the few guys who prefer the first one. ^_^

• Both are attractive, and, as you are as well, it's really just a six of one, seven of the other proposition. Can't lose it seems. ; - )

• both are good,it would be better if you had poste dur pics wearing them,coz body type would determine wht suits you and wht doesn't

• I would, but I don't own either of the dresses yet. I usually am pretty spot on with what would look good on me or not, though.

• I like the second. You best make sure that it's actually formal attire, btw and it's not a Black/White costume ball at that.

• Good idea. I'll be sure to check up on that with him. Thank you for your answer! :)

• I am also going to have to go with the second one.. Your already good looking but the second will make you more beautiful.

• Thank you for saying so, that's very kind of you. ^_^ And thank you for your answer, too! :)

• second one seems very classy

• Second one!

• Alright. :) Thank you for your answer! It's amazing how most of the girls are leaning for the first one, and most of the guys are going for the second. It makes it a bit harder to know which to go for. Lols!

• the first one. the second ones kind of boring

• Yes, the first one does have more detailing than the second, but I was also drawn to the second one's simplicity. It gives you more room to be creative with it, like, I was thinking that if I went with that one, I could buy one of those flower pins and pin it in the front close to one of the straps, and maybe a nice, sheer shawl that would go well with it, and of course some jewelry and things like that. :)

• True. yeah. women and their shoes/accessories...gotta love em lol

• Wear the second one!

What Girls Said 12

• I like the first one more, it would be more flattering to your bust (the cinching accentuates what you have - big or small) and looks elegant and sophisticated without looking stuffy or overly formal. They're both cute dresses, and the floaty style and draping is beautful, so whichever you pick will look good. But I personally would recommend the first one :)

• I never thought of that! You bring up a good point about the first dress. :)

• I like the first one better... it's more fun and flirty, but still really nice... the second one almost looks a bit boring.

• The first one does have more detail to it, but I do also like the second one because it's simple, and I could get a bit more creative with it and how to accessorize. ^_^

• You're right... it depends what you want to do I guess.... as the answers seem to point to, both are stunning, choose your favorite one.

• I have to go with guys here and say the 2nd one too. It is more elegant and dressy looking for the occasion and it's a more sophisticated, grown up look; more appropriate for a formal venue. The other one looks like something a girl would wear to prom, it's a little more youthful in style. They are both nice...but what one does your boyfriend like? That should be your deciding factor.

• You're right. I love how the second dress has a more sleek and slender silhouette to it. And I probably should ask my boyfriend for his opinion, but at the same time, I want to surprise him.

• definitely the second one, it's so beautiful

which one did you end up with?

• I like the second one.

• I think the first one

• Definitely number one! I like it a loooot more.

• no matter what dress you pick, if you go out in RED you're gonna attract a lot of one night stands! seriously its sick. I didn't believe it myself until I wore something red one night. holy sh*t.

• Really? I never knew that. O_O So, even if I were with my boyfriend, it might still happen?

• Lols! Somehow, I don't think that's a good thing, still. ^_^; I don't want him to just leave me afterward.

• I didn't read the whole description sry lol just in general red is dangerous :)

• I like the first dress best. The detailing is prettier, the other dress is plain and boring.

• I absolutely love the detailing on the first one as well, plus it's also more bra friendly it looks like.

• The second would look nice very classy

• It does. :) I really like it because it seems to have a more mature look to it, too. :)

• Go with the first one! The one from Macy's. It looks a lot more elegant than the other one.

• I agree, the first one is very elegant and I love the bow on it! Lols! Thank you for answering! ^_^

• I like the second one best, I think the first one might be slightly too fancy?