Is lack of height a deal-breaker?

Let's say you have a guy... He's,

-Very athletic

-Cute face, good body. Dresses well.

-Smart

-Nice and generous to everyone, but not a pushover

-Funny

-A little shy at first, but eventually opens up

But he's only 5'7-5'8, and isn't supposed to grow any taller. Would this lack of height off-set all of the traits above, and make him unattractive to you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Height is not a deal breaker to me, but I am 5'4" so as long as my guy doesn't have a problem with me wearing high heels, we are good.

I have girlfriends who are tall and they just do not want to date a guy who is their height or shorter. They just don't feel as feminine. Other tall girls don't care.

I can say it was irritating when I was trying to date online that a guy would say he was 5'7" and we would meet and it was obvious he was more like 5'4". I would date a guy 5'4", I just don't want to expect one thing and get another. Bit of a turnoff.

What Girls Said 14

• I really don't consider 5'7" or 5'8" to be a lack of height. One of my friends is dating a guy who is just a bit over 5 feet tall. They are the same height. Try not to worry too much about physical traits that may deter people. Ultimately, you want some one who is attracted to YOU for who you are and not what you look like. What we look like changes greatly over the decades. Ultimately, there is some one out there who thinks that height is perfect - don't give up :)

• not at all :) if you are all proportion then I don't see why it would off-set any of those traits :) and 5ft7-5ft8 to me isn't to small at all (me being 5ft3-5ft4) it think its a nice height and since I know a lot of girls who are around my height I don't think your heights a problem at all and its still tall enough for me to wear heels and still be smaller :) so I wouldn't worry about your height at all :)

• I like everyones responses because it really does vary on the girl. Because I'm short, if a guy was that height I would be perfectly fine with that, and if he's shorter than me, woah, but I wouldn't just shoot him down because of it.

• The guy I'm seeing is probably about 5'6, but I'm 5'1 so it works for me...I prefer that a guy isn't shorter than me so as long as that's the case his height doesn't matter.

• It depends on the girl. I do know some girls who have these qualifications about a guy must be 6'2+ to talk to them but you know what, they are missing out. I'm 5'7 and I wouldn't care if a guy was my height, there are a lot of girls who agree with me too. The last guy I liked was probably around 5'5, his MySpace profile said 5'7 lol but I'm taller than him so he added a few inches lol. It wouldn't make him unattractive, if he has all those good qualities then I would still be into him. Isn't 5'7-5'8 average height for a guy? I didn't know it was considered short.

• At least in America, the average is about 5'9-5'10. I don't know about elsewhere.

• yeah, sorry, I need a tall guy. I'm just not as attracted to shorter guys. maybe it's a subconscious thing, I like feeling smaller. then again I'm 5 ft 8, so shorter girls probably wouldn't have a problem with your height!

• not at all. I'm 5'9" and I'm in love witha guy who's a little over 5'7.5"

• No I'm 5'2 so I'm happy as long as a guy is taller than me.

• No not at all. its all about the personality and those are all the right traits, so the height wouldn't matter so much. Plus 5'7-5'8 is not that short at all..

• No its not a deal breaker...not at all

• to me, that's not short. hah. but I acctually think short guys are cute. they are my turn on :)

• No, don't worry is not a big thing.

• as long as the guy is taller than me then I don't care about exactly how tall he is.

• 5'7-5'8 isn't too short. short for me would be 5'6 and below.

most girls are ok with dating a guy that is their height but not shorter

What Guys Said 5

• for some girls it might be a problem if she likes really tall guys or is tall herself , some girls its just there preference to like tall guys , I find this odd as sometimes some of the shortest girls I know only date tall guys , I'm like why doesn't she like guys her height as she is so short herself ? I don't know its odd sometimes

but I think there is still a lot of girls who'd date shorter guys or guys around the same height as them , just avoid the ones who have a clear preference for taller guys

• You can tell her, "Hey, you know Shaun White is only 5'8."

In all seriousness, if a woman leaves you for height, then she is relieving you of frustration. If someone leaves you for such a silly trait, then they are not worth your time or worry.

• In my experience it is. I'm not sure if this is somewhat peciliar to the UK though.

I would say that in an 'open' dating environment such as a nightclub, bar etc a guy under 6' is going to struggle to even get women to talk to him, and 5'7 - 5'8 he is wasting his time. It's almost as if height is a passport, and conversely this seems to operate for women with blonde hair!

It is different in environments where people are being introduced , dinner parties, organised mutual interest events etc. but even here I would say that height is a major factor.

Worringly for all men a friend of mine who is 6' 1 was described as too short by a woman recently, I asked her what she meant by this and she replied thet she preferred someone "above average height...about 6'3 or 4"...she was 5'5!

• If that were true, then no guys at or below that height would be in relationships.

• That's not tall, but it's not short either.