My hair is very dark, but I want it darker, and im scared of dying it black, girls what do you think?

So I NEVER dyed my hair, cuz I'm really scared that I would ruin it, like i Dont even use heat, my hair is just the only thing I love about me and I have a huge fear of ruining it, , would it hurt to dye it black once? Like is my hair gunna get weak?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've dyed my hair fbeofre. It was a medium golden brown, and I've been blonde (I wouldn't recommend if you are darker haired since I had to bleach it and that is not great for your hair), red, darker browns, and black.

Maybe before going straight to black, try out a really dark brown. They have Reflective Blacks line, where it has brown tones, but is still dark.

http://i.imgur.com/Pw6WU9Q.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GErxbyy.png

• Ow I have to bleach first before I can dye it black? I did not know that, I thought I can dye it black without bleaching , I mean cuz my hair is already dark. ,..

• Thanks alottt👍

• No problem!

Try maybe seeing you can talk to a consultant at a salon before dying (if you decide you really want to). They might be able to explain the coloring better than me haha. I started at the salon first, then eventually do at home hair dying.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't know, never "willingly" died my hair.. But I heard non-damaging hair colors are there in the market so they claim.

• Hmmmm, well. Non damaging damages still but oh well. Thnx

• Cool story bro.

What Girls Said 3

• i've heard that dying hair too often can damage it because of the chemical content... well you can still get your hair died at the saloon of a professional.. its less risky

• It'll be healthier to do it if you go to a salon vs doing it yourself at home, even though dying it in general is still bad for it. However if you only do it once not enough damage will be done that it'll noticeably weaken it.

• Actually if you go to a professional place to get it done, they have chemicals in the bleach and dye that won't ruin it or make in bad at all, in fact, it might make it healthier!!