Why dont more straight girls have pixie or Chelsea haircuts?

I think they chelseas super sexy, but all the girls with them are gay. Why? Natalie Dormer has one!

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol, I had the tank-grrl thing and then a bob cut for a while, and... uh, let's just say my husband would've needed one less tool to cut through drywall, for a while, there. He LOVES short hair on women. Has this thing with the bare back of the neck, he does.

I mean, honestly? It's just SO much more difficult than long hair, and so much less versatile. At least that's the reason in my case.

Long hair is super duper easy. Apart from washing and drying, I spend about 45 seconds a day on hair care -- brush out and go. If it's a bad hair day, boom, 4 more seconds and it's in a pony. Still under a minute, and, good enough for even the most professional setting.

Keeping long hair out of my face is also trivial. Ponytails (and/or pigtails if it's leg day) are incapable of stabbing me in the eyes at the worst possible time, which shorter hair does all too easily.
    I make part of my living in fitness, so, this is not a small issue.

Also, long hair is much more versatile. You can do... so much stuff with it. Ponytails, high ponytails, curls, pigtails, all manner of updo's, crimps, bla bla bla bla. All the things. You got short hair, you got... well, that one short haircut. Hope you like it. LOL
    Not to mention, ironically, it's easier to wear a short-hair wig with long hair, than the other way around. Gathering up long hair underneath a short-hair wig is, again, super duper easy. Gathering up hair that's too short for a ponytail, to fit under a longer wig? Ahahahahahhaha.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

• Because we're constantly told it's unfeminine or that they are "lesbian haircuts."

• Have you googled cheerless haircuts? because that's not what Natalie Dormer has...
    I don't like chelsea haircuts, I don't think it looks good and I would never do it. As for pixie hairstyle, I don't think it's easy to pull off and when it comes to hair, it's not easy to commit to some haircut. I have a friend with pixie cut and he looks good that way but it's not made for everyone.

• You are right. I was thinking of the 1/2 shaved haircut. I don't know much about this stuff.

• I know one girl who had that hair cut, the side... shave thing. It's her style and it looks good but it's a trend that's fading.

• 2 sad. It is the sexiest haircut ever.

• I go back and forth between a bob and shoulder length hair. I want a pixie cut but I'm not ready for that kind of commitment. Once it's that short, it has to be that short forever because growing it out is hellacious.

• I have a heart shaped - almost round face. I tried the pixie cut and it does not fit my head or face shape. Women with a bit longer faces can pull it off much better, in my opinion. "All the girls with them are gay" is false.

• lol I am not gay! hahah! But I don't have short hair!

• I had one. I'm not gay..

• There are plenty of straight women with a pixie haircut.

• Because a lot of straight chicks are scared of being seen as gay, since people associate a more "masculine" (short) haircut on a girl with her having other traditionally "masculine" interests (like other girls)

What Guys Said 3

• Because when a girl wants some dick-repellant, she generally is not going to spring for the long-term options.

• Maybe fear of being called lesbian

• I am more than fine with the majority of girls having long hair... I only like MAYBE 1/10 girls who have those styles for hair.