Why do my clothes make me look fatter than I actually am?

Most Helpful Guy

• There are a number of possibilities.

Poast moar pics and we can help, or maybe some of us can.

Could be the style you wear, but most likely is you're either going too tight hoping you'll magically fit, or too loose hoping to hide something. The first makes you look too fat for your clothes, the second makes you look like a walking tent. (When I say you, i mean anyone).

Clothes that fit well is a starting point. Flattering style is step 2. If you're still not happy, weight loss is probably step 3.

Anyway if you want feedback, post some body shots.

Most Helpful Girl

• Bc its not the right size/model for you.

• haha! lol (: LADY!

• @apple24 I dont have any picture of me wearing loose clothing. Funk :(

• ): Its okay lol

What Guys Said 11

• Is that for real? I didn't know that was possible. Unless it's like a fat roll graphic T-Shirt. Which might be amazing. Could that be camouflage for perverted guys? But it might be your imagination, unless you're wearing one of those Victorian hip+butt dresses. Those made women look fat.

• Cause you aren't buying clothes that suit your body. You gotta try on different styles to see what looks best on you.

• because psychology

• Yep that can happen. But i'ts also a mind thing.
    Dress for the body you have, not the body you want.

• It adds a layer of fabric (depending of the thickness) to you. Plus you clothes might not be tailored right either.

• Because you choose the wrong style of clothing, or you just think it makes you look fat.

• You're just imagining things

• Probably because they're either too big or too small on you.

• Do you have poor posture? Good posture can make a huge difference in how your clothes fit, as well as how you view yourself.

• because they designed for it

• It's because you are over thinking it.

What Girls Said 9

• maybe they aren't the right fit for your figure?

• I'm going to assume that they're tight... But some tight clothes make people look skinner while others make them look fatter.

Try wearing black.

• Eh I actually like my clothes loose.

• Maybe you aren't wearing the right type of clothing that accentuates your body type

• maybe because they're ain't flattering to your body figure or you are getting the wrong size

• Either they're too tight or they're too loose - you're wearing the wrong size either way.

• I know how you feel, but this is just in our imagination, unless you are wearing too big clothes.

• You need to find out what your figure type is and which clothing styles flatter you best♡

• Maybe they just don't fit? Worse cast, just cover yourself in black, everybody looks good covered in black :)