Can a woman wear braids in any age or not?

Some people say that braids are childish, but on the other side there are many women who braid their hair, especially since it became a trend. I think that side braids styles look good on me but I'm still reluctant to wear them outside the house

• until you're 20
  • until you're 30
  • until you're 40
  • at any age/depends on the person
  • results
  • depends on the braids

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted D. Some girls just look gorgeous with braids :D
    On some girls they're not beautiful at all, but it doesn't relate too much to age.
    And if I'd have to name an age than make it 40 :D
    I'd be happy to give feedback on your braid (s) and I'm fairly certain it will look nice!

• Thanks for the MH :D
      How is your braid, did you dare? :D

• Didn't notice

• Seeing your hair on your profile pic, I just can't imagine it wouldn't be positively shocking... as far as my photographic imagination doesn't let me down I'm convinced it would be a splendid look :D
      I think you have to dare and go for it!

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• Only if you're black. Of course if a white woman wears braids, she's appropriating the hair style.

• Post a picture of you with braids, then we can make up our mind

• I would say that it is more like until 16 max anything eles should be some exeption

• Yes can =) Although they do not all fit)

What Girls Said 8

• I think at around 40, if you LOOK 40, then it becomes weird and people will probably question your mental stability.

Then again I'm sure people question my mental stability when I rock my pigtails, so.

• i think it depends on the braids tbh

• I'm 19 and wear pigtails in plaits at work all the time. I was worried it'd look childish but it holds my hair in place way better than a ponytail and besides, if anyone says it's childish just refer to them as handlebars ;P

(Don't really do that haha. If you're happy wearing them go for it!)

• personality always wins over age :D

leave your house with your amazing braids!!! :D

• Braids aren't childish

• depends on the braid must be age appropriate its like leggings you gotta wear them the right way

• I still wear French braids and fishtail braids. I don't see any problem for people at any age to wear them.

• I don't think braids look childish apart from pigtail braids. Pigtails are more suitable for teens and little girls. The rest looks good at any age.