Best foundation brand?

Hey! I think my skintone is warm ivory or something and my skin has a yellow tint more than a pink tint. But anyways, i've had trouble with foundation since before I can remember. Either it makes my skin look oily or just plain cakey as fuck (which is usually what happens). And I can't seem to find a GOOD one. So annoying. So I want a foundation that looks like you have nothing on your face, maybe kind of dewy but definitely not oily and definitely not cakey. Thank you!!

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not a foundation fanatic/expert. I think the Nars Sheer Glow is supposed to give a pretty dewey finish.

My Calvin Klein 3 in 1 is pretty nice. It's not full coverage. But it's got a good finish that's not too mate but not too dewy. And it blends beautifully into the skin. I also like that it evens out my skin tone without putting a mask over my skin. Because I'm young, so I like some of my skin to show.

I really want to try the Amazonian Clay 12 hour full coverage <3 and spf 15 <3 :') and gahhh the ingredients are also great.

I heard the Maybelline Fit Me is a great drugstore foundation :)

And to avoid cakey look, try using less and layering where you need it. Also, a beauty sponge is supposed to remove the excess product.

• Ahhh thank you! such good opinions, the older the wiser if I may say so myself, you may be 21 but you're still my GaG granny :')
      I'm gonna go stalk these foundations by looking at their demos & reviews.
      I do use only a penny amount for my whole face and top of my neck and use a beauty blender to even it out, but still. Maybe I should switch from using a brush to using a sponge to apply the whole thing?

• :D I'll always be your granny Peach!

I'm not an expert, but I have heard that using a sponge is the most natural result. However, I've seen many gurus apply with a brush then do the beauty blender over that. I think you're not use to heavy coverage, so you can easily feel and see what's different. The more you put on (even just to medium coverage) the more you'll get use to it.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 7

• I have only tired 2 foundation in my whole life. hahah Um well 3 i think maybeline and urban decay liquid foundation and becca but its full coverage!

• THE URBAN DECAY ONE LOOKS GOOOOOD

• Yeah! I KNOW! I think I might buy a new bottle there 40 bucks thou! I went to sephrora to get my face matched. Also... yeah I have tired the new ones!

• i've been using the foundation from tarte. very good and natural looking! doesn't comes off or looks bad if your face gets wet. and trust me, it saves money 😋😉 been using for 2 months and still have some left!

• Does it look like you're not wearing foundation? I know it sounds silly because i'm wearing foundation but I don't want it to look like I am, but I love a very natural look. 😂 Thanks!!

• tbh i do too! 😂 i always use small amount of it so i dont look as cakey and yes it covers the whole face. it blends very well! and welcome girl 👌🏼😋😋

• There are many good foundations out there. These are my top four foundation brands:
    1. Sephora
    2. Dream Wonder Nude Maybelline
    3. Too Faced Born This Way
    4. L'oréal Infaillible
    I've looked reviews of all these brands, and they all give a nice and natural coverage.

• Thank you, too faced born this way especially seems natural looking! I think i'll try it.

• I like the maybeline superstay foundation + powder, it makes my skin look flawless, and it doesn't move no matter how much I sweat haha. It's not cakey, but make sure you only use a little cause it's heavy coverage. It only starts too look a bit cakes on the nose about 12 hours later but yeah :)

• I use Loreal Infallible and the Revlon 2 in 1 compact.

• So excited tot try the Loreal! I've watched a few demos and reviews and it looks like great coverage and natural 😍

• I use covergirl clean, it's the one with blue lid. Works good for me and it's cheap

• You can try Max Factor, Loreal Paris.