He says I look pretty without my makeup?

My boyfriend says that I look really pretty even without my makeup, and that I don't have to get all made up just for him or get so dressed up. I think it's sweet of him to say and all, but the thing is, I don't do any of that stuff for him as much as I do it for myself. You see, I love playing with makeup and experimenting with different colors and styles, and I really love pretty and stylish clothes, and I've always been that way even in high school. It's just normal for me. All of my clothes that are considered dressy to my boyfriend and to most people are really just the clothes that I happen to wear on a daily basis and what I consider to be casual, and even one of my friends made a remark about that, saying that I've always dressed nicely and it wasn't anything out of the ordinary for me. Also, doing my makeup and dressing in nice clothes just makes me feel more confident... Would it be selfish of me to disregard what my boyfriend says and just keep dressing up and doing my makeup like I want to?

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely not, you do what makes YOU comfortable. I’m a bald guy. My head looks best when shaved. I wouldn’t grow a mullet just to please my fiancée. It’s bad enough my fiancée make me shave my face every day (I like a little stubble,) but she has a somewhat valid complaint – my stubble tickles her face. Shaving is a small price to pay for her kisses.

• I'm glad my fiancee cares about her appearance. It's part of her character. She's a lady not a slob. When I see a woman who never wears makeup and walks around in sloppy clothes, I would think 1) she's very depressed or 2) she's just a sloppy person. I'm just not attracted to depressed or sloppy.

What Guys Said 2

• He doesn't want you to stop dressing up. He doesn't want you to feel like you have to in order to be pretty. He appreciates the effort but just wants to make you feel like you're naturally beautiful.

• Yes. Do whatever he asks becasue surely he knows what is best for you. Stop wearing make up...what he really means -- "stop looking so pretty for everyone because I am jealous and could totally see hotter guys than me hitting on you..."

What Girls Said 3

• No, just tell him that you do it for you, this is normal for all women.

• do what you want to do. how would it be selfish to continue dressing in the same manner you have before, especially when it makes you feel confident and pretty? some guys are under the misconception that girls get dressed solely for them. it is very sweet that your man thinks you are beautiful without all the extras and that you don't have to do it to impress him, but if its what you like continue to do it.

• He likes you the way you are.