Ladies, what are your thoughts on other woman who have racerback shirts/tanks but regular bra straps showing? (Pic included) Guys what do you think?

1.) Is it acceptable?
2.) How would avoid that if the bra wasn't made to be a racerback?
3.) What are your thoughts on the black bra and white tank top?

Guys:
What do you think of when a lady wears her clothes like this?

@swtgirl89 @Supergirl0812 @aglaia @Mysty211 @FashionistaChick @Helmay @michelle3685 @Flowerprincess2267 @carinerose @rach27 @SensualScribe @rach263 @Mxx38 @EmpatheticLady @Minxxie @Ebbndflow @margarida @rebekahj391 @tori322 @Enaya @justbanANNAz @Blonde401 @Badboy4Life @menina @Katy16 @archiz @kaylaS91

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course it's acceptable, it's just a bra!

• If it's "just a bra" why do women always have to cover them up if they show even a corner of it?

• Thank you for answering all my many questions and not thinking I am weird for wanting to understand more about women's clothes.

• We all have our quirks, right? I'm nothing if not accepting! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• 1.) There is nothing wrong with it.
    2.) They have converter clips, or you could use a paperclip.
    3.) Black underwear are the best kinds of underwear. They go with anything.

• How did you find out about the clips?
      So black goes with a sheer white t-shirt in your opinion?

• An ex girlfriend told me about the converter clips, and yes. i believe that black goes with anything.

What Girls Said 30

• I see nothing wrong with brastraps showing when you're wearing a racerback tank. There's nothing to be ashamed of straps showing... it's not like it's a surprise to anyone that you're probably wearing a bra in the first place.

I actually quite like mixing up the colour of my bra straps to sort of match my outfit. When appropriate, of course. Like if I go to a bar with friends wearing mostly black in the summer, I'll purposely wear a bright coloured bra if the straps will show in that outfit.

• It's not a surprise she is wearing a bra but does it bother you (women in general) if the guy starts to pay attention to the bra? I always thought women hid their bras and straps for a reason.

Would you match the bra to the shirt or literally change out the straps on a bra to match the shirt?
      What do you gain for changing the color of the bra? Are you hoping it will show through your shirt?

As always, love your answers very much.

• Are there rare times that you will "expose" parts of your bra to get someone's attention? Even if it's just for your boyfriend?

• no. I'm not into exposing any part of my bra intentionally.. not even for my boyfriend if we're out in public.

• 1. Yup, totally acceptable.
    2. Probably just go without the bra or choose a different bra that's strapless or racerback.
    3. I probably wouldn't wear a black bra with a white shirt but meh, it's not a big deal.

• if you didn't wear the black bra with the white shirt what color bra would you choose?

• Probably white so that it doesn't show too much. If you wear a coloured bra under a white shirt, you can just kinda follow guys' eyes zeroing in and staring at your chest the whole time they talk to you :P

• I have seen white bras under white shirts, and I am still zeroing in and staring (sorry ladies.)

• I think it can look trashy. I think it especially can be a problem depending on where you're going. .. if you're just lounging around or being casual, nbd, but if you're going somewhere that you should look somewhat nice, then it doesn't work. It's not my personal style - I would never do it- but I know tons of girls do.

• If it was hot outside, and you wanted to show off your shoulders while staying cool, what would you wear in place of it?

• Well I have a few bras that let you change the straps to racerback, or I could wear a sports bra or a tank with a built in bra. I definitely can't go braless. :)

• 1) yeah it's acceptable in casual settings
    2) there are clips you could use or buy a racerback bra
    3) I literally don't have any thoughts. If it's in a casual setting than it's all fine.

• 1.) Is it acceptable? Yes, it's acceptable
    2.) How would avoid that if the bra wasn't made to be a racerback? I would use a strapless bra
    3.) What are your thoughts on the black bra and white tank top? I think it looks good

• I think it's acceptable. In summer I wear racerbacks quite often, because the straps won't fall off my shoulders. I just don't care about the bra straps and I know a lot of guys don't either.

• I don't think anything of it. Many women wear those types of outfits.

• I do that all the time when it's warm out. It's fine.

• I think almost everything looks good on Kristen Stewart, I like her style a lot. It might not look good on other girls. I wear only dark colored race backs and use clips or race back bra)

• Why do you only pick dark colored bras?

• What do you use racerback shirts for? What is the benefit of them?

• Oh well) I think my back is the most beautiful part of me and that those tees show it off perfectly). Sometimes I also wear strapless bra under it)

• I don't really care other than it looks lazy. I only wear racer backs to the gym.

• during summer I wear them all the time and I don t really care if the bra straps show

• Don't think anything of it

• I feel like those should be warn with sports bras or bras that cross straps only.

• I think it's fine

They have little clips to make normal ones racer back

It's cute

• So black bras and white shirts are okay to wear?

• What about white bra with sheer (ish) white shirts like in the pic?

What about rules in general? Or are they closely guarded secrets, for women only?

• Whites fine, there aren't really specific rules lol

• i don't think anything.

• It's fine. I wear stuff like that sometimes...

• Is it because you don't have the right matching clothes or something you did on purpose?

• Not on purpose no, I just tend to have a lot of black bras. I don't really think that much about it

• What is it about black bras that makes you buy so many? Do you ever need a nude bra, or a white one? (aren't those the basic colors that most ladies need for bras?)

• there's nothing wrong with it!!

• I think it looks trashy.
    It is okay for the gym or lounging around the house, I guess, but I personally would not wear it.

• It doesn't matter?

• Not the best style choice but I wouldn't care
    I don't tend to spend much time worrying about other people's fashion. I have other things to worry about

• I think it's fine

• If it's on me, it bugs me.

• There's nothing wrong with bra straps showing, however i think a black bra with a white shirt just looks dumb

• Do you have a reason, or is it just on personal taste?

• Were there other stereotypes about women's fashion where you were from?

• Like when I was younger, like middle school/ early high school girls who wore oversized zip up hoodies with really tight shirts , skinny jeans and a snap back were usually seen to be pretty slutty

• Its acceptable

• What about how much bra is showing?

• It's just a bra. Everyone knows she's wearing one. And she's covered so it doesn't matter. There are Native Americans in the Amazon who are naked and they don't make a big deal about it because they don't have a perverted mind.

• I don't think anything wrong with it, a lot of girls do that including myself. at least she is wear a bra.

• It's okay

• Cute.

• It's fine at the gym/beach, but trashy-looking otherwise.

• What is it that makes it okay for the beach or gym?

What does it say to you if a woman is doing this? Would you think that she couldn't afford the right bra, or something else?

• It's just practical in those environments. At the beach it covers up the easiest sun-burn spot, for example.

No, I'd just think she looked trashy if she was wearing it outside those environments.

• I realize that men are stupid, but, are you saying that the bra is covering the easiest sun-burn spot? Or am I thinking in the wrong spot?

• Looks ok. I think sports bras underneath would look better though

• Does the sports bra need to be racerback too? Does the color of the bra matter?

• I think all quality sports bras are racerback, colors doesn't matter they more colorful the better it is!

• How does color make them better?

• 1. It's tacky. Super tacky.
    2. Easy. You can buy clips for suuuuuuuper cheap that are specifically for pulling your bra straps together so they don't show. Or you can even just use a paper clip!
    3. Black bras are actually the most practical bra color because they don't show under hardly anything. If it shows, it's because your shirt is too sheer, in which case you're supposed to have a camisole under it anyway, not just a bra.

• Are you still supposed to have a bra under the camisole? or don't they have their own bra built in?

• Just racerbacks.

• Is there any method to how to determine the right bra for the right dress? Like if you were given a new dress for a special occasion (date, dinner party) how do you pick the right bra if you have never worn the dress and you don't have time to wear the dress to something else? What kind of rules do ladies learn or discuss with other people?

What Guys Said 6

• i see nothing in the picture that is offensive, or titillating. she's wearing a shirt. she has a bra on. straps are visible. so what? the cups aren't. her boobs aren't.

• I guess it might be more that she didn't hook the straps in a way to match the shirt. Some women think it's tacky and don't agree with it. Others could care less.

• My girlfriend wears that sometimes. I think she looks great!

• I couldn't agree more. I think it's super hot to see her bra straps and her shoulders.

• I don't think much of it. If she's hot, it's a hot style I guess.

• i don't really care either way

• Meh.

• I like it dont bother me none!