Usually cute but he called me sexy?

Everyone always tells me that I'm cute, like all the time, guys and girls whether I've known them forever or I've just met them. I was at the bar the other week and I was dancing with this guy and he just kept saying, "You're so sexy," which just threw me off. I know it's not a bad thing at all but I was just surprised because I'm so used to being called cute. So what's the difference between cute and sexy and is it possible to be both?

Most Helpful Guy

• Certainly. Cute/sexy are both compliments in my book, but both words carry different complimentary meanings. When I were to say a woman, lets call her Sally, looks cute, it means when I see Sally I am attracted to her in a way where I think she is genuinely good looking. When I say someone is sexy, keep in mind this may still be Sally later in the night or another day, it means that she may have done something that pleases the eye sexually, something that would turn me on. This could be a low cut shirt, a nice and tight pair of jeans, or a dress that shows off all the right curves. I personally am fond of the women whom possess both of these roles.

What Guys Said 1

• Sexy means that he's definitely attracted to you. A girl can be cute to a guy but that does not mean that he is attracted to her.

What Girls Said 1

• yes it is. the guy just might mean that you know how to dance or he wanted to get in ur pants. and also sexy means that he might be attracted to you and girls are usually called cute by guys that might not be interested in you like that