Which hairstyle would you rather have on a black girl?

If you were to pick, would you rather have her wear...

a weave... (Yes, weave technology has advanced a lot. This is not real.)
Or...

her natural hair?

And why?

• Weave
  • Natural hair
I want to see because I saw a question that said that out natural hair is ugly or something. :/ Which definitely is not true.

I straighten my hair a lot because it's easier to manage, but our natural hair texture is not ugly.
And a weave is NOT just straight hair. They either glue the hair to their real hair or they get cornrows and sew it in along the braids. It's supposed to be "protective" styling. I got one once but I will never but all that crap in my hair again. Completely wrecked my hair. :/ They didn't do it correctly or something along those lines

Most Helpful Guy

• Overall the first one generally looks better and even black women know it in the eyes of soceity

Women like Oprah.. have professional hairstylist that care for their hair very much. One girl asked Oprah how does she keep her hair so nice, she basically said she's had a stylist her whole life practically.

But do whats comfortable for you, both are great. If a women is really gorgeous it won't matter much.

• Most people go for weave because it's more "socially acceptable". :/

• Yea exactly

I knew a girl once that didn't like that idea and she just went with her natural hair. She did the while chemical stuff when she was younger but hated it.

she's content and happy with her natural self and doesn't care what other people think. It can look nice but you have to put effort into it. I've seen her do some really nice styles

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it kind of depends on the girl. I had this girl at school (which was really the only black person out of the 2500 people) and she always straightened her hair. It kinda made it look fake and damaged. The last years she started to wear it natural and I thought it was really gorgeous.
    An afro doesn't always mean ugly. A lot of people look really good with it. aloftyexistence. files. wordpress. com/.../... sa7. jpg

I thought this model had really cool hair.

What Guys Said 15

• Of course the whitewashed guys on this website would choose weave over natural hair for a black hair, because it looks more "white"

• This white guy says natural.

• @Dandeus you're an exception to the rule! As a black guy I like the trend of black women going with more natural hairstyles and embracing their unique hair texture. :)

• i thought weave was just straight

anyways this girl in my class had curly hair that she would sometimes wear down like a weave or she would bun it up and some parts would be frizzing out. holy shit she was hot.

• That example of natural hair isn't very good. But in general I think natural looks better than a weave.

• Straight hair looks good

• Natural cause it's natural looking and unique

• cornrows

• I prefer the first one

• I prefer natural hairstyles to be honest. It's more unique since everyone is doing the straight thing.

• A is really nice... would B really be the natural hairstyle of many? I have seen it but only very rarely.
    One of my collegues has the B hairstyle and on her it looks good. But generally I like A :D

• I would pick the weave but the natural hair is nice as well, I just prefer the weave

• weave.

black girls hate their hair lol

• Not really into weaves, it's just too much effort in my opinion. Natural is fine.

• Natural

Be you dear

• The weave cause society had made me find white traits more attractive

• The hair the first picture looks way better

What Girls Said 25

• i really like both! Most of my black friends go back and forth between these styles. They also try different braids styles and colors. My Senegalese best friend changes her hairstyle at least once a month, sometimes straight, sometimes wavy, sometimes Natural, sometimes braids (with different shades and styles). :)
    afrobelle.com/.../...ebeadd7ececd41ce4227b024a.jpg
    4.bp.blogspot.com/.../...tresse+africaine+(19).jpg
    i.ebayimg.com/.../$_35.JPG

• Most people will pick straight hair because of society's standard of beauty.

• I'm surprised no one has mentioned this in the comments, but, one of the biggest points in favor of weaves/braids/rows/twists is that they add fullness to the hair.

I mean, the models in the pics y'all are posting don't have that problem, but, most black and mixed girls (and boys) are not so blessed with thick rich luxuriant natural hair.
    An afro will usually still work, but, with any other style, a lot of girls' (or boys') natural hair just looks... sparse.
    The choice insult from one black girl to another, in my neighborhood growing up, was "bal'headed bitch". So, yeah. Take from that what you will.

This is just... a thing. You can even see it when little girls are 6-7 years old, sitting on their porches braiding each other's hair. There's already just more scalp area showing than on other girls.

A good weave corrects that, and makes the hair look rich and full.
    And, black hair holds the weave for a long time before the thinner roots begin to show (6-8 weeks, at least), because of its natural curls. You can put box braids on straight hair, too, but then you have to re-do it every 3 weeks or so because the thin straight roots grow out enough to start showing.

• Most (but did I ever say all? sincerely a message to all the people who will get butt hurt) of the guys on this site are white and have been hardwired since birth to like white standards of beauty.

So, a lot of guys are going to say straight simply because that's all they've ever been taught is attractive.

• Either or is fine with me. The stereotypes will come either way. If I wear a weave, I'm ashamed of being black. If I wear my natural curls it's deemed as unattractive. I do what I feel is best for my hair and what I like at the time. I couldn't care less what media and society says anymore. Especially since we're damned if we do and damned if we don't. So I'm not #teamweave or #teamnatural. I'm #teamchar.

• Neither. I'd personally hate to wear fake hair or an afro. I'll just rock what my momma gave me but with help from #TeamPerm

• I like natural! Natural is best.

• I love natural hair on black girls, the most beautiful girl I've ever seen had quite a big Afro actually hahaha she was really stylish & I was so in love 😍😭👌

• i prefer the natural hair

• I've asked this question before a long time ago but asked straight or curly because I flat iron mine and realized that I attracted guys... Well now it seems that it depends like with straight hair it seems black men approach and Asian guys look, with natural it's African, conscious brothers and other races.
    And I get different responses depending on the style like twists or braid out

• I agree on the air quote "protective" styling. Those who constantly wear them are damaging their hair.

• B - anything that doesn't hurt the person is best.

• i honetsly think that black women can pull off so many hairstyles, many more than other races can. i like both of what u posted. if a girl wanted to change it up and do either of those it looks sooo good. my favorite would have to be black women with their hair in a bun or with their hair short.

curlyhairstyle.u.c.f.unblog.fr/.../...airstyle.jpg

shorthairstylesfashion.com/.../...-Short-Hair1.jpg

• i prefer long hair

• Natural hair doesn't yolk good on everyone. However , it is unique.

• natural but that example looks messy
    she looks like she used a pick on it but for only some of it
    weaves don't always look that flattering, natural hair looks really cute on some girls and there's so much better examples than that one

• I personally like natural hair better. However the way its styled in the pic isn't nice

• I like them both.
    a girl can mix things up like you do. keep it natural or straighten them if she wants a change.
    But I prefer not weaving

• For myself I would rather have the weave. But the natural curl is very nice, my cousin has hair like the second girl just not as puffy

• Long natural style hair with a glossy shine to it to make the curls stand out.

• Natural, I think it looks pretty awesome

• I like the first one but I've seen some girls who looked nice with their hair like the bottom one. So it really depends on a girl

• Both but natural is better for your hair so go for natural and weave only pn occassion :)

• I feel like you purposely put an unattractive girl with natural hair because you desperately want people to approve of your fake hair. Fyi, I'm white and I think black girls who rock their natural curls are badass af

• Excuse me she is not unattractive. I thought she was attractive and that's why I put her. If you read the update I hate weaves and never got one again. I despise fake hair and prefer to wear my own.

• Ok think what you want anon. You don't know me or what I like. I have no reason to lie

• that was such a ridiculous thing to say. she is attractive! thats the girl from High School Musical right?

• I think both are beautiful and maybe one style works better than the other due to her facial features.