Is it possible for a black guy to get his hair straight like this?

I'm black, and I'm tired of this everyday, average typical black guy short hairstyle, so I started growing my hair out about 4 months ago, and at first I was going to get braids, but thought about it, and now I'm wondering if it would be possible to get my hair like this, only all black.

link

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure of it but you might be able to.

The reason "white" people can is because they have natural ingredients in their hair.

What Girls Said 3

• It might be possible, but it probably wouldn't look too great. I'd say stick with short hair, try braids, or try dreads. But it's up to you, it's your hair :)

• It is possible.

• get a relaxer (please go to a professional).

they will flat iron and blow dry at the salon but you're gonna have to get a flat iron & blow dryer for maintanence

if you try to get crazy colors that will most likely damage your hair and it could end up falling out. relaxer + heat + color = breakage

What Guys Said 1

• I've seen it done. It looked horrible, though.

I understand why you're tired of your old hairstyle, I've tried it myself, that situation. I also tried to get longer hair, but it didn't really look that good.

Tried dreads? Dreads are awesome!