Do guys really not care for makeup on girls?

I seem to hear more frequently that guys do not like makeup very much on girls. Is this true?

• I like no makeup on girls
  • A little makeup is okay
  • I like a lot of makeup
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• No no no. We like make-up. Don't be fooled here.

We just prefer it to LOOK like you're not wearing it. Which means that light make-up is the way to go (unless you're in a movie, we're all used to even the guys looking like clowns in movies).
    Also, we suck at the whole make-up thing. So what is light to you is invisible to us.
    Where is it? Eh? Eh? I can't see any!

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 56

• I think most girls can look good without make-up, they just don't want to put in the effort into other things. Same some men complain about being ugly, if people actually made an effort, with their hair, clothes and style, they could be a lot more attractive etc.

I think make-up is great, for certain occasions, like weddings, parties etc. But for casual situations I don't think its needed, just make an effort more on the other areas.

Bottom-line:
    If girls are going to were make up, they shouldn't be doing it to impress men, or to see much male attention it will get them. They should do it, because it makes them feel good about themselves. The girls that were loads of make up, really need to do things increase their confidence about themselves, cause no much make up you were, your just faking confidence about yourself and the way you feel about your looks. Your giving yourself superficial confidence.

Having a nice sense of confidence is actually attractive to everyone. Confidence attracts people to you, because confident people know how to get things for themselves.

• You should give him MHO ! 👏🏻

• Honestly QA don't feel you have to give me MHO, give it to who you like. I don't really care much for MHO, I just like giving advice, cause I am not on this site much.

• Wise men ! ;)

• I don't like excessive makeup.

This is fine by me.

hellotobeauty.com/.../2minutemakeupfinal.jpg

This is not attractive to me

makemeupmarie.files.wordpress.com/.../img_0301.jpg

It makes a girl look vain and insecure.

I also don't like it when girls refuse to let anyone see them without makeup. I get when you want to look better than normal if you're going out someplace nice, but for sitting around the house watching TV? Too much.

• Girls seem to always get this wrong. If the girl is beautiful without makeup, then no makeup at all, or just a bit like eyeliner, is what most guys prefer.
    If the girl is just average, most guys prefer her with some makeup.

No guy likes caked up faces though.

• every girl knows that a girl thats beautiful without makeup doesn't need it lol. i think girls are more questioning the guys who respond as tho most girls are that beautiful and can't benefiit from it. most girls are average.

• A girl shouldn't and don't have to wear makeup weather she's average or not she accept herself.

• @TheMagazineQueen I never said she should, but average girls look better with makeup.

• I voted 'B' but again it's her choice.

My preference is natural look and no make up. But however, however she feels comfortable matters most :)

If she doesn't want to appear before me w/o make up then I haven't been able to convince her that I think she's absolutely beautiful when natural and that's my fault :)

• Haha I'm probably the biggest culprit on here advocating no makeup.

Just a little lipstick eyeliner is cool with me.

Nothing too outrageous, you don't need to look like lady gaga.

I mostly dont like it, and I suppose many guys dont either for the fact that its very misleading for one - girls can look like entirely different animals with and without it on - I'd rather see them in their natural state rather than a falsified one - I've noticed that most of my gfs were also very self-conscious without makeup, making it like a shield for their insecurities. I found it sort of unhealthy, but its not my life or hobby to discredit.

Either way, its the girls choice. Im fine with whatever my girlfriend decides, I'll just be honest and tell her I definitely prefer makeup-free.

• Most guys that pass through this website don't even understand makeup lol so take that with some moderation.
    A complementary, moderate amount of makeup is what is ideal.

• I think it depends on the day really. I prefer little to no makeup on a girl, but that doesn't mean a girl can't look amazing all dolled up. Really though, the only person that's opinion matters is your own. You should wear the amount of makeup that makes you feel good.

• I think a little is just fine. Seems that women want to wear it, even though it seems like a huge pain in the ass to me. SO if she doesn't have any, that is great. But overall, only the minimum amount needed to get the desired effect is desired I guess. women that put on tons look absurd.

• There are some girls that really do not need to wear makeup. They just have a natural beauty and the makeup just takes away from it. That isn't most girls. But too much makeup on any girl is always a turn off for me. I have always liked little to no makeup. But it's perfectly fine if she wants to wear more make up than usual on like special nights or occasions. It really isn't that big of a deal either way. It's really just up to the girl.

But what I really hate is when girls wear makeup to the degree that they look waaaay different then they do without it. Even if they look really nice with all that makeup, it's crazy to see them with none and then be like who is that? Do I know you? I've known some girls where they just look completely different without makeup.

• i will be honest. dont get too comfy a little makeup goes a long way, i've dated a girl who put some makeup and a girl who wore non, the first seemed more attractive and feminine and the second looked like she couldnt give a shit about being a girl

• A common thing guys say is they don't like makeup because makeup is often equated with being superficial or something like that.

But if she's applying it right, a woman can look very good if she's wearing makeup.

• I like zero makeup most, but a minimal amount of makeup can look okay as long as you don't put paint on the lower eyelashes. That is where it all goes wrong.

• Well I like it on them because it makes them look so much better but as long as they don't wear it 24 7 and they can be plain at times is good

• I prefer a little bit just to add some color but not overdo it. Still wanna see hints of natural colors.

• I prefer girls with no makeup - naturally beauty needs no makeup of any kind.
    In some cases, little makeup is ok, but only natural looking, like face powder and concealer.

• A little makeup is okay

• I prefer a girl that doesn't wear make up, but if we are going somewhere fancy a little lipstick , blush, eyeliner I don't mind at all... Just as long as she knows that I think she is beautiful either way. But I don't want to see her all caked up either (I heard that can damage the skin) lol, its like relax, I love you, there's no need for all of that.

• Makeup on a women is always nice if it is not overdone.. but to be honest they also look fine without any on

• It depends. Sometimes they just put on enough to accentuate or tone down certain features and that's fine - looks nice. Others put on so much that when you look at her, you aren't seeing her face at all. It's all some powder or cream or god knows what. That's overkill, and not attractive at all. Plus that shit costs a lot of money so it means there's a good chance she's high maintenance.

• I have a fetish for girls that wear makeup, so I'm for it as long as it isn't that foundation and compact stuff. Just something for the lips and eyes. :)

• Foundation doesn't make a person look different it just covers up uneven skin tone or redness. Or acne. What's wrong with that?

• @Bliss-taylor Nothing wrong with it per-se, I've seen too many women over-use the stuff and it completely covers their natural skin.

I didn't mean to offend you! :-D

• You didn't offend me I was just curious.

• its cause a lot of girls use too much, or pick a shade way too light or dark for their body skin color.

The worst is when a girl who fake tans until she is bronze, then puts red blush, purple eye shadow, and the worst part, lip stick that is the same color of their face,

• It's not that we dislike makeup on women, we love it. We just don't expect women to wear it all the time. And I think some women can get insecure when they are seen without makeup by their boyfriends or men they're crushing on. When I first started dating my last girlfriend, I came over to visit her unexpectedly and she was not groomed at all. When she realized this she demanded me not to look at her. I told her she was beautiful and she got bitchy and threw a blanket over her head.

• I am a minimalist when it comes to makeup. Some girls don't need any, some can benefit from a little, no one looks good with it pancaked on.

• If a girl has a cute face then she looks better without make up. If she doesn't have a cute face, then she looks like an non cute girl with shit rubbed on her face. I know if a girl didn't like me, I wouldn't be out in the back yard looking for dog turds to rub on my face.

• Don't really care that much. It's a bigger plus if she looks healthy. The only reason I can see that it would make any difference is if she has really, reaaaally bad skin with acne scars and stuff all over the place.

• Depends how she look hot but I'd rather not get fsked? But I kinda would like getting faked too? Nomsahin

• I only tell a girl that if I like her personally... But yea I honestly do believe that a lot of girls can go without makeup and be really pretty still

• i love makeup on girls. it makes them look 10 times hotter.

i think guys who are too about no makeup are insecure a little.

i love taking out a hot sexy girl and be the guy who has her

• Make up is ok when girls are looking to compliment their eyes or lips whatever their best facial facial feature is, so it's fine if they use it to create some slight effect. The least make up she's wearing, the better though.

• I have chosen other and what I mean to say is that makeup doesn't matter. As shallow as it might sound, it just has to look good, for some makeup is not necessary at all and others might want to improve their looks by using decent makeup. Or a lot if necessary.
    Most people who say they don't like makeup just don't know shit about makeup and even call cakefaces natural because they have no clue.

• More from Guys
    26

What Girls Said 25

• I think guys don't care as long as you go natural with it. I use tan and brown sometimes a dark green because it brings out my eyes. I use brown eyeliner. I use foundation because I get red/pink for some weird reason. As long as you're not using clown colors, contouring, anything that will make you look completely different without make-up is usually the problem. They don't want false advertising. Every one says I pretty much look the same without make-up. It just makes my eyes stand out. The hottest people in the world wear makeup and guys wouldn't turn down a "Jenner/ Kardashian sister"(just an example) because or it.

• Guys rarely do make up so they rarely know what they really like when it comes to make up. So don't waste your time trying to find a way to let them control your decisions. https://youtu.be/fyeTJVU4wVo

What do YOU like? What fits into YOUR schedule and budget? That's how you decide.

• When most guys hear about makeup they start to think about something like this:
    i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...300000578-186_634x400.jpg
    So they start to have trust issues and say that they want to know how the girl looks like without it.
    But if the makeup is minimal, then they won't even notice that she is wearing makeup.

• Guys will tell you they don''t like "heavy" makeup, but they follow hundreds of girls/models on instagram that really plaster their faces in it. We're talking highlighting, contouring, the whole shebang. No matter how heavy it is, if it's done masterfully, guys will prefer it. A lot of girls have perfected the "natural look" which really isn't natural at all. That is what guys like.

• I'm answering for my boyfriend here.
    He adores me without makeup. I have zero problem wearing no makeup in front of him, he find me cute that way and beautiful.
    He also loves when I wear make up. He like that I'm feminine, that I like makeup and that I like to dress up. He feels that I'm making an effort to look good for me and for him and he likes it.
    Also, it's easy to use a lot of products and have a result that look pretty natural, it's all about technic. I know it because I do and people don't even realize it.

• I represent upscale beauty lines. And u don't know how many men order it for their ladies and call to say they are returning it cause their lady was insulted. Men want a woman that cares about her appearance. Women want a man to love them as they are raw natural, but seriously they see u that way in the morning. So they love you that way but please take pride in your appearance men will gladly spend up to 200$ easily to help you look your best they want you to feel good and feel sexy and honor them by looking like a trophy. I am just passing on what I know from my line of work.

• Guys want the best of both worlds. They want girls to not wear makeup but look perfect without it. Annoying.

• I dunno! I love make-up!

• let's be real, a little makeup is probably what they like best.

• Oh, they do care... they sooo care... xD

• To be honest, I don't really mind if a guy likes it or not, I do it for me. I love make up! It enhances your beauty and of course, I'm able to go out and have no make up on.

• Haha, guys don't know what they like. They will mostly insist they don't like makeup but really they're into the natural makeup look. Guys can't tell the difference.
    What guys don't like about makeup is the dramatic looks and glitter and fake eyelashes.

• I think most guys like no makeup, or just a little bit.

• They only care if it's too much.

• They just don't like the overdone makeup, but mascara, eyeliner, and a bit of chapstick is cute

• It's true however the same men end up with women with make up pasted on their facea!!

• They like the kind of makeup which looks like no make.

• Gladly they voted 2 & 1

• Everyone has different opinions, just be happy with yourself and you'll attract the type of guy you want to attract. Never ever think you have to wear it to find someone who thinks you're beautiful. I'm pretty sure I'm a potato with boobs but I still have a relationship and I have for almost 2 years, regardless of how much makeup I wore or didn't wear. Just wear what you want and if you want to look natural or all done up go for it. I've heard more of guys liking less to none but that's true, but personally I don't think it matters what they all think about my face. Just be yourself and you'll be fine.

• From what I've heard, guys seem to like when women LOOK like they have makeup on, but aren't actually wearing makeup. Basically they like when women look naturally flawless.

• Most of the time, guys don't even understand make-up. The ones that seem to really dislike make-up don't like it when it's caked on and you look like a completely different person. If you use a fair amount so it enhances your natural beauty without completely changing you, they'll probably like that.

I only use mascara, neutral tone eye shadow, and tinted lip balm (for every day use, not a special event).

• Guys dont care for ugly girls. Makeup hides flaes and enhances beauty, creating an illusion that the girl is beautiful. When they pursue that ugly girl and find put what she really looks like they feel lied to. So they say they prefer girls without makeup that way thry can differentiate between ugly and pretty girls with no obstacles in the way. And they will pursue the pretty girls and basically if agirl is ugly she is just out of luck

• Honestly, I think most guys don't care. Most Beauty Guru's on Youtube I see are married, so it can't be a total turn off!

• Don't take guy advice on makeup. They don't actually know the difference between this: images6.fanpop.com/.../...a-34880035-2900-4232.jpg
    And this:
    cdn.stylefrizz.com/.../...-lima-without-makeup.jpg

Natural makeup is "no makeup" to guys, they have no idea what they're talking about.

• The majority of them like a little make-up on women. As long as it looks natural, it's cool.