Why do girls wear yoga pants? Respectful responses only. ?

Hello, I am out and about and I see a girl wearing yoga pants. I instinctively do these things:

1.) I ask why in the hell would a girl wear just leggings and nothing to cover your butt and front
2.) Ask where in the hell is your father
3.) Think to myself: "I don't need to see every outline of your butt and front"

It really pisses me off when I hear girls say "guys are animals and all they think about is sex". That isn't true at all. I guarantee you when a girl see's a chiseled guy in a tight shirt and revealing pants she has the same thoughts a man has about a woman when he see's her butt and front. Let's be real here people. At least I feel a skirt should be worn to cover yourself, is it really going to make it uncomfortable to wear a skirt that is loose. Sorry this is just how I feel...

For those who aren't in high school I apologize XD. This was for teenage girls. I don't give a damn about a older woman wearing yoga pants. I have my personal opinions about it, but you are a grown ass adult.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree. Yoga pants should be worn for yoga/exercise only.

We also have problems with young interns at my office sometimes who don't understand that their are times to look sexy and or casual cool and times to look capable and responsible. It's like the blurring lines has people wanting to dress like they just got out of bed 24/7. Like it or not, the image you project matters.

• *there are times...

• Yes, I am 33. I think social media (which I love) has deceived some people that their individuality (which I also love) matters to the world more than it does. Also, that subtly isn't a virtue in some environments.

I had an intern come to a meeting that included a board member in sloppy clothes and a backwards cap, for instance. She blew a major opportunity by making herself look juvenile and lazy.

When money, professional reputation, deadlines, etc are on the line... People want someone who looks the part of dependability.

• This same girl missed several deadlines on a project with me, turned in poor work and came back to me telling me she couldn't get a job. I don't think it was a coincidence.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 12

• Lmao, I have no idea why Yoga pants are so scandalous. They are pants!

I wear them all the time. I am 26, so if a guy asked me where my father was, I would probably say he is at home watching tv. I am 26, so what is he going to do about me wearing yoga pants? :P

Yoga pants are incredibly comfortable, they allow for movement. I like wearing them when I am running errands because they usually involve a lot of walking. I also like to be able to not have buttons and stuff poking me. I like stuff that stretches and allows me to move.

• I suppose it's the image they put forth that makes them scandalous, I just don't like seeing anyone dress in yoga pants to school or a professional work environment. If you wear them clubbing or to errands I mean whatever haha. But I don't think teenage girls should wear those to school. I am extremely old school and not hip so I guess I am the odd one out in my generation. I always say "you do you, and I'll do me. As long as you are happy". I didn't mean any harm haha, have a good day! :)

• Because they are comfortable, breathable, and they tend to be made out of very soft fabric such as rayon. Because I'm a grown azz woman who pays my own bills and buys my own clothes, my father no longer gets to tell me how to dress. -_- It's not my duty to make sure that guys don't act like thirsty, self-control lacking animals. I shouldn't have to hide my naturally curvy body to make sure that guys utilize some self-discipline and control their thoughts. That's their responsibility.

***I can appreciate a chiseled guy in a tight shirt without sexually objectifying him and getting horny with rapey eyes.***

• Very well put.

But, I mean, when I appreciate chiseled dudes in tight shirts, I'm so totes sexually objectifying them, yes I am.
      Horny takes more ingredients than that, but, sexual objectification? Sure.

The difference is in that verb that you used up there -- "ACT like animals without self-control". Act. That's the difference.

• Yeah, I think this may just come down to a difference in the way we're defining "sexually objectifying".

I mean, I have the same appreciation yr talking about -- in fact, I make a good chunk of my living training male fitness models, so, I've made (part of) a career out of that appreciation.

Still, looking at that body isn't the same as looking at a Gothic cathedral, or listening to a Brahms quartet, or eating my favorite foods, or any of those other sensory indulgences. It's... more than that, in a very primal way. And that's what I'm calling "sexual objectification".

Has nothing to do with wanting to fuck.

But, the kind of sexual objectification that's most offensive to us -- e. g. the kind that causes people to take attractive women less seriously in the workplace -- also has nothing to do with wanting to fuck.

Difference is, the way I look at boys, doesn't make me look down on them in other ways.
      If ALL "sexual objectification" worked that way, it'd be a non-problem.

• @Asker I never said they all were. I don't need you to tell me that.

• Yoga pants aren't the same as leggings...
    Yoga pants are as opaque as any other workout pants...

I wear them to work out.

• I wear them because I wear what I want because they are extremely comfortable. If you don't like it, don't look. You have that choice.

• Yoga pants are extremely comfortable, you have no idea. Also if I'm planning on going to the gym later on, I tend to wear yoga pants the whole day so I'm already dressed up for gym. Yoga pants were after all made to be worn not to decorate the closet.

• What other people wear does not have anything to do with you. When I put on yoga pants in the morning before school I am not thinking about what people are going to think of me. I like wearing them. They make me feel good.

• Yoga pants are super comfortable! I wear them all the time! I don't even care what others think, they are like sweat pants.

• They can be worn for shopping only 😁 but they are a notch better than track suit pants.

• Aren't proper yoga pants baggy around the crotch and thighs? Like harem pants?

I don't know, it seems fashionable to look like you couldn't be bothered to get dressed. Slippers and pyjamas and lounge wear... fuck knows...

• I've never understood either. I don't wear them, but from what I've heard, they're comfortable. I've come to see that some ladies out there have absolutely no shame with wearing them...

• I normally wear them with a pair of sneakers and a slim shirt that covers most of my butt. I would think that we wear them because they are comfortable however I know there are some girls who only wear them for attention

• They're comfortable. I wear leggings and such out sometimes (like to the grocery store), but they are not see through and I wear a shirt long enough so you can't see my butt or anything.

What Guys Said 3

• you ask for respectful responses... yet have the audacity to actively remark on what someone wants to wear and ask for their father?

• THANK YOU.

• @Esplorare ^_^

and asker, respect is given upon judgement of circumstance, one cannot ask for it when not displaying it themselves and expect it ^_^

• *applause*

• Hot ass and toned legs,
    dont ruin it man lol keep letting them do it

• So long as they have the ass to pull it off, it's all good for me!