Why do men like lingerie?

What's the point of wasting money on lingerie when they literally see you in it for a second, then rip it off.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nakedness is boring and unoriginal. It takes zero planning and no forethought.

Lingerie on the other hand, requires that you think ahead of time. The act of choosing the lingerie, buying the lingerie, deciding when to where the lingerie and actually putting it on all result in thinking about sex before the event.

When you are young and relationships are many and fleeting, the need to manufacture novelty just isn't there.

In a committed monogamous relationship, since your sexual partner stays the same, lingerie helps add novelty and keeps things interesting.

You are also thinking rather narrowly with regard to the lingerie that is available. There are many designs that are easily worn while having sex.

Most Helpful Girl

• It can be like a work of art, some guys are really visual. They like to see the woman in something sexy, let their imaginations go for a moment, and then get to it. It is a turn on for some.

Just like in fine dining, why spend so much effort on a beautiful plate arrangement when you are going to it it up? It's pleasing to the eyes first, then maybe smell, then taste.

• Ehh food is food as long as it tastes good and im full

• @thisdudejimmy For some guys, yes. That's why I said some guys are really visual and might enjoy seeing a woman in it. Not every one has the same tastes. Ask another person who enjoys culinary arts if food is just food, and they might disagree. They might tell you it's more than just consuming.

What Guys Said 33

• Lingerie can be for the girl too - How she feels wearing it, going out to buy it, wearing it under her outfit can be a form of foreplay to her.

• I've always wondered this to. I've always thought it was more for women (to feel sexy). I prefer you out of it anyway so why bother lol. And it's expensive.

• It makes me dick feel warm and happy

• It's underwear and sleep wear

The fact that it's sexy is just a bonus

Some women wear it under their clothes just to feel sexy and confident at work even though no one else sees it the placebo effect is there

and apparently it's super comfortable

• First off, it is special as well as sexy. Secondly, they may see it for a brief bit of time but in their minds eye, they will see it for years!

Just a tip for you, maybe if you tease him for a few minutes while in it by being coy you will have more time in it and will likely push him over the edge in being that one girl, one night that he thinks back one even decades later.

• Actually I like when she leaves the lingerie on for awhile. Lingerie is like Christmas wrap, it's fun to unwrap the present nice and slow and enjoy it.

• Actually I have found 90% of the time its for the women, to feel sexy. Guys usually prefer naked.

• Firstly; I never see it in real and rip it off..
    But then I must tell that women must seem girlish and like a real woman; like the men must. Every girly thing will fit on them, and will arouse our feelings :) This is the reason.

• Makes her feel sexy and pretty. And kinda forplay because us guys are very visual! Shake it strut it bend over and show it lol.

• We do? I tend to like the person wearing the lingerie, i couldn't give a damn about the undies themselves lol, I'm gunna rip them off anyways! ;)

• I don't really like lingerie. I'd prefer to just see her naked

• We like lingerie probably because of the mystery of what's underneath there, even if we've seen you naked before. It's like opening a Christmas present and you kind of know what to expect but you're still very excited on what's underneath.

• For the tease... it's the gift wrapping, before the real present... and sometimes she will make me wait before I get to rip, or even carefully and slowly remove the lingerie... she likes the anticipation and building that sense of sexual yearning...

• Because sometimes the anticipation of something good is the best part.

• Agreed sorry but it's so minuscule and irrelevant and beyond overrated. I want to see touch and be able to touch feel taste and love every inch of my ladies body without any interference.

• it makes a hot body look even sexier. and you don't need to take it off immediately

• I really don't know, I don't see the point either, your gonna be naked in a minute so who cares XD

• It's a waste of money in my eyes.

• No, you're getting naked in the end, soooo...

• It's like the promotion before the amazing show starts.

• I love the curiosity of what is behind that cloth...
    And ripping the lingerie to get what we really want is a turn on...

• I think women are into it way more than men are.

• It's hot

• It's just sexy clothing

Personally I'd rather you just show up to the bedroom nude

• Its always good to have appetizers before you eat your meal.

• Well, if she doesn't like lingerie, then that's fine, too. I prefer nudity anyway.

• It makes the female look sexy.

• honestly I agree with you ! its just for some seconds

• Cause it is tantalizing and we like ripping it off. Also sometimes we like to fuck them while they're still wearing it :DDD

• Women don't dress for men

Also, I think men generally like things women wear because, secretly, we want to wear them ourselves. No guy really WANTS to admit it but, it's like guys with boobs, we WANT what we can't have

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 2

• My boyfriend rarely notices it unless I make a point of walking around undressed and just in said lingerie.

I love buying it, nonetheless though. It makes me feel much hotter plus confident knowing that I'm wearing something very sexy-looking underneath. Helps me get in the mood for my boyfriend's benefit even more than usual.

• "What's the point of showering when you're just gonna get dirty again?"