Do I wear too much makeup?

Every day (unless I'm not going out) I wear

-Moisturizer with SPF 15

-Liquid foundation

-Concealer

-Mineral powder

-Eyeliner (cat's eye)

-Mascara

-Lip gloss/lipstick

-and I fill in my eyebrows

Most of it is just to make my skin even and look flawless, but I feel like too much might scare people away. What do you think?

• As long as it's not caked on, it's good!
  • I like girls who don't wear makeup.
  • You wear too much.

Most Helpful Girl

• First off, let me say, I know a girl in my class that wears a crap-load of makeup. I'm friends with the guys, and they are ALWAYS talking about how awful she looks, (like a prostitute), and basically, you could peel a layer of makeup off her face. It's sad, but she doesn't look nice.

But, it's about you being comfortable in your own skin, and for that to happen, you're gonna have to be daring. I used to wear a little concealer, eye liner, mascara, eye shadow, blush, the works... and it got to be such a hassle! Lately, I've been wearing just mascara, that's it. Washing my face to keep pimples down and all that gross stuff, and let me tell you, I've gotten tons of compliments. My boyfriend even said that he liked it more when I didn't wear makeup. :)

It'll take a few steps, but you can get there. It's not necessarily HOW much makeup you wear, but about wearing the least amount to still make you feel pretty.

And I bet if you toned it down to some moisturizer, a little concealer, and maybe some eyeliner (not a lot! :) ) and mascara, you'd look absolutely beautiful. Plus, it saves you money. Guys love a fresh, clean looking girl!

What Guys Said 1

• u probly don't even need to use half of that. really girls wear way too much makeup in general and the more flawless you try to make ur skin look the more plastic you end up looking and the less likely a guy would want to date you, because if he really wanted to date a plastic barbie doll then he would buy a my sized barbie and make love to that all night...

What Girls Said 3

• I think that you should where foundation only when you need it or if you are going to an event, like a party or wedding. You should use a cleanser (that is best for your skin type) daily at night and exfoliate to get rid or dead skin cells. This is my skin care regime. I damp my dace with warm water at night to loosen dirt and clogged pores. I use a dime sized bit pf cleanser and rub my face in small circles. I then rinse with cool/lukewarm water. I then dry by patting my face with a towel and apply toner. I then moisturize and go to sleep. In the morning I just splash my face with lukewarm water. Exfoliate weekly! Use a gentle scrub with tiny grains. It gets rid of dead skins cells and makes your skin glow. Sunscreen is really important also. Sun damage can cause wrinkles and freckles. When you have good skin you don't need foundation. I find that good skin and groomed brows is a great look that doesn't require makeup. You can accentuate your eyes with a little bit of eyeshadow or eyeliner and use a bit of chapstick. I think full on makeup is a bit much for high school.

• I clean my face every day with the Neutrogena Wave and every few days use the Proactive Refining Mask. So my skin is naturally pretty clear, buy my skin tone is very uneven.

• You probably don't have to use foundation moisturizer and concealer and mineral powder all at the same time. That sounds pretty crazy. It depends, are you good at putting it on? I have never really even heard of filling eyebrows. You probably could get away with it and still look good, but is it really neccisary? Is it like a goth look when you do your make up? (that must take forever in the morning!)