Girls, is the thong dead?

Back when I was in high school girls always used to wear thongs under their jeans. Now you never see it.

I was wondering has the popularity of wearing a thong with jeans died? If so what style is most popular now?

13

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah, they're still just as popular as before. Girls have simply gotten smarter about keeping their pants from sliding below their waistline, getting rid of the whale tail that plagued us back when low rise jeans were a thing.

• You have the most honest answer percentage. Can you message me, I have a question I'd like to ask in private.

What Girls Said 12

• You mean how they used to wear thongs with ultra-low rise jeans so you could see the thong? Thank Christ we've moved past that early aughts atrocity.

• I guess my question is, are thongs still the go to style under jeans or has it changed to bikini's?

• I'm sorry, just surprised cause you never see thongs anymore.

• I'm sad that it's been that long since you've undressed a woman.

• The thong isn't dead, but we've gotten away from the trashy trend of women people pulling their thongs up to show the "whale tail". And I'm happy about it. I don't need to see that.

• It's definitely not dead. We simply make sure our pants don't go past our waistline or else we would get called out as whores or being trashy.

• Still popular. I'm wearing one now!

• I'm glad to hear someone so positive lol. I am not gonna complain with that TMI lol

• no thongs and v-strings are very popular. Especially because of the popularity of leggings, yoga pants, and Jeggings (to a lesser degree). Thankfully, the whale tail is out, which I think is what you're missing.

• Thank you for answering. Sorry if I asked something too personal, I was just curious

• Your profile is private, and I don't want to follow you. If you change your settings I can message you.

• It shouldn't be private please try again

• It's always been dead for me.

• No, the thong isn't dead. It is just less visible-as it should be.

• True it shouldn't be sticking out. Guess the 90's and early 2000's made us used to seeing it lol

• There is a huge difference between a bra strap showing accidentally and purposely showing your panties. I am not a prude but I always hated that trend.

• I don't wear them or even own one...

• I'm surprised to hear that you don't even own one thong for the tight dress or pants (yoga, dress, or jeans) that you may own.

• I own dresses, yoga pants and jeans, and no thongs

• Nope, the thong is certainly not dead! I wear a thong and most of my friends do too

• Not to me yet

• Nope nobody wears them up above their hips anymore and wear jeans that don't slip. I tend to wear them with leggings, no panty lines.

• No, lots of girls wear thongs. Lots of girls are also sluts. Coincidence? I think not.

• That's a ridiculous statement to blanket upon your own sex. But if you want to do that, have fun!

• It's nothing against my sex you tard, it's against humans who wear thongs. Those humans just happen to be female.