Do girls wear sexy and revealing outfits for themselves or to get attention from men?

When my girlfriend goes out spent irks she dresses very provocatively, she sends me pics of her outfits and some are classy but racy, dress with breasts hanging out and whatnot, is she doing this to get attention from other men or am I being paranoid? I don't wanna be that guy and would never tell her how to dress but even she says her family makes comments.

• To get attention from other men
  • For herself

Most Helpful Girl

• Not everything is revolved around men you know. She's with you, so she obviously did it for herself, to feel good. Same goes for makeup, I wear it some days to feel better about myself. My life doesn't revolve around men.

What Girls Said 25

• Depends on the girl I'd say. Personally, I'm happily taken so u have no interest in attracting a mate. So if I do dress in flattering clothes, it's for me or my boyfriend if he's out with me.

• Both.

Some women blatantly do it for male attention, some women do it to make themselves feel confident. You can typically tell: if a girl has a thong pulled up to her shoulders and is wearing a bra for a shirt, it might be a fair judgment to say she at least doesn't mind attention. If a woman just plain looks sexy but still reasonably covered, she probably just wants to feel good. If she's your girlfriend it's likely more for herself rather than someone else.

• Both. Getting attention from men is mostly for the girl's benefit, giving her ego a boost and such versus giving the guy's a literal 'boost' down under.

• tbh I think it's both? but I put A. I know why the majority of women put B ("she doesn't need a reason. women like to look good for themselves" and the like) but I don't find everything is so black and white. I like to attract men because it makes me feel pretty, desirable, sexy, etc. but it's not like I'm looking to go home with someone or anything like that. I do it for me AND to attract men. nothing more

• Me and my guy friends always argue over this. We dress a certain way because we feel good. However, the attention we do receive is nice once in awhile too. When we buy pretty laced underwear men think it could be for them but in reality it gives us the extra confidence even if we don't show them to anyone. Looking nice just makes us feel good.

• Revealing clothes are coollllllddd. I hate wearing skimpy outfits because I'm shivering all evening. So I only wear them for the sake of my date. One of my college boyfriends said he couldn't understand why I wore turtlenecks all the time. Dude, it was Cleveland. It was February! But I did take the hint.

• In your case, it sounds like she's either insecure and things to the only way people will like her as if she dress provocatively, or if she's intentionally trying to make you jealous. Either way just doing it for attention.

• she's looking for attention to make her feel good

• Both.

• If she can dress that way, why not?

• I'd mostly do it to get attention. Otherwise I'd just wear something comfortable and not care how it looks.

• Both can be possible. But if you don't like it that other men can pat too much attention to her, why not tell her? If she is your girlfriend, she should wear cloths which are pleasant for you too.

• Sometimes for men, sometimes for herself, sometimes both

• If I ever do wear something a little revealing it's just because I like the outfit, I don't do itnfir anyone else.

• I wear them to get attention from certain guys

• It depends on the girl

• For myself and to get my husbands attention.

• You should have a both option... lol

• for myself or my boyfriend; since I am indoors all the time so no one sees me LOL. Just him

• i do it for both! feels great to feel sexy and love hearing it from others as well!

• I can only speak for myself and I do it for both

• Actually for both reasons

• Girl wear revealing clothes for getting noticed and guy to hit on them and find them attractive. They want guy to be turn on, because they want to feel guy want fuck them.
    You don't need to show your boobs for being pretty

• The honest girls pick a

• It does depend on the woman. Some like to wear certain things a certain way, and they know exactly that men are watching. Other woman just like to wear what's comfortable for them.

• I would say both. They do it for themselves in that they like how they feel when they get attention from men.

What Guys Said 14

• They say that its not... which im 100% sure is bullshit... because it is.
    some try to say its to make them look good... and i go "for who"
    some say its so they look better than the surrounding girls... and i go..."who do you think is judging"...
    its ultimately for men... women just think they are so slick and we don't know it. because they could dress a different way if they didn't want attention... clothes are clothes after all... right?

• Depends, mix of both, just like everything about women there's not a clear-cut absolute simple answer lmao

• Anything anyone does has subconscious roots. We may say we work out, use makeup or dress better for ourselves but it is naive to think that it's the only reason. Our subconscious mind has other intentions. And most of those involve attracting a mate.

• Men dress to impress women. Women dress to impress other women.

• Girls want to make themselves feel good. How do they feel good? 90% of the time it's from the attention men give them when concerning this manner.

• There are different types of girls, some wear it for themselves, but some wear them just for the attention.

• both... depends on the girl

• I think both. I dress up for girls to notice but also want myself to look good and not like a slob.

• Seems like a bad bish. If she kunt change the way she dress, then we done cuz we gonna have trust issues.

• Both. It's a complex issue. It's not black and white.

• To get attention from other people (not necessarily men all the time).

• It's both but attention is the biggest factor. She wants to be noticed by men and women.

• Both. Duh. It is to get attention from men in order to make herself feel prettier.

• Forecast: Women will all vote B and men will all vote A.