Is this dress appropriate for a busty girl?

It's a low V-neck and I have to buy it a size too small around the chest or else it will be too big for me (so, a 34 inch bust instead of my natural size, a 38in bust) so I'm worried that it will show excess cleavage and my boobs will be spilling out or stretch it to show more boob or both. It's knit material, and I want it to be suitable for a work-place environment. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the dress is beautiful and would look great on most girls, while still being very classy. but the V neck might be a little to low for it to be professional. A semi-formal work dinner? It would be a great choice. Office attire? No. Sorry, I think it might not be a good pick.

Most Helpful Girl

• NO.. That will never work.. Why not buy it in your correct size and have the waist either taken or gathered in?

• It's expensive

• Well by getting it too small in the bust is simply going to make your boobs and cleavage look rather ridiculous.. Like all squashed up.. I don't think that material will "stretch" as much as you hope it will.

• Thank you for the MHO.

What Guys Said 10

• Lol boobs will be shown with that.
    I would suggest a different one even though this is quite conservative of a dress. Or cutting them off

• Sounds hot

• 0|0
  • It's going to show cleavage and it's going to be very obvious. If you're really dying for it and don't want to show too much you can wear a thinner tank top underneath.

• Yes, it's very appropriate... even more so without a bra

• I agree with you, maybe it would show too much cleavage. But it would certainly be provocative for a night out.

• Yeah it may not be a workplace dress for a busty woman.

• Yes it is. Maybe will be needed small fix, maybe not. But my answer is yes.

• I think you'll be ok.

• Might stretch because it's knitted but I think you will show cleavage anyway

What Girls Said 11

• Definitely not - unless you're fine with showing an extreme amount of cleavage - then it's fine. As long as you're aware where people are going to look and that they aren't going to listen to a word you say. Trust me, I know...

• It looks fine!

• No. I think a girl with larger size boobs would look nice in this dress.

• Personally I'd layer it with a tank otherwise my boobs would be totally popping out. Definitely cute but not work appropriate unless you modify it.

• I think V necks look slightly better on flat chested girls. For a busty girls, boat necks and square angular pendants look better.

• I would get the size that fits your bust line better. Add a red belt to cinch the waist!

• Personally I wouldn't wear it without layering something underneath

• No, that's actually a really nice dress!!

• Wait I just read you want to buy a size smaller... def don't do that, buy this dress in your normal size, otherwise it will look weird!!!

• Wear whatever you want girl. Flaunt it :)

• That dress is only appropiate for a funeral.

Wait, not even...

• you should not wear them, I'm busty too and wear that kind if dress will just make you look like a whore