How did you know you needed a bra?

How old were you when you noticed u needed a bra, and what signs did u see?

Most Helpful Guy

• especially if girls don't wear undershirts, they should start wearing a bra right around when puberty starts, even if they haven't filled out yet.
    for one thing, it helps get used to feeling it. for another, areola and nipple can be visible through the shirt, or seen through sleeves and the neck collar, even if not baggy or loose, if some situations move her in such a way that a person, intentionally or not, can catch a glimpse. Many girls would find this quite embarrassing. a bra keeps anything from being seen.

Most Helpful Girl

• My Mama told me, I started wearing bras at the age of 9 but I hit puberty later and weirdly enough my boobs starting growing earlier, but they're kind of smallish/averagish

• Now they're small average or they were small average? Lol sorry I'm nosey

• Haha! Lucky! I got my period with my stepdad too! But not bras... yet. And I live INAPROPRIATE house of just guys!

• In* lol I don't know why it autocorrected to INAPROPRIATE

What Guys Said 3

• Well I guess most times it's the mom telling the girl what to wear and when (atleast in the initial stages) :)

These type of questions, young lady you have a choice to let only girls answer it. But ofcourse you are aware of that aren't you :)

• When I could no longer jog without being punched in the face.

• I could be wrong but I thought that whenever they begin to grow, most mothers get their daughters training bras.

• Well how do u kno theyre growing

• How old are you?
      Anything more than a completely flat chest shows growth.

• 13 years old

What Girls Said 19

• when the shape of my boobs began to be visible through my shirt, so basically when i started developing slight underboob and sideboob.

• My mom forced some kind of sports bra wannabes on me when I was in 4th grade (I always "forgot" them at school when we had sports class 😂) and in 5th grade she gave me one of her bras to try on. They were the right size so she had bought me 2 to have.

• I was 10 and I guess I started growing, then my mom bought me a couple bras.

• Because my boobs began bouncing when I walked and my nipples were obvious through clothing.

• My mother noticed that I was beginning to develop breasts and the last straw was when my nipples started showing from beneath my shirt. Since I was only 8 years old when I started developing, I started out with sports bras.

• i was like 12

• 6th grade a girl rubbed my back looking for a bra and was baffled not to find one. Kinda creeped me out. She tried to make me feel bad about not wearing one, but I was such a late bloomer I still only had nipples... like no tissue

7th grade I got insecure because everyone else was wearing a bra but I wasn't so I would wear one every other day.
    By the eight grade I wore one everyday.

• my mom just said "here. wear this." and i said "no i don't wanna" and she said "just do it" and i said "ok"

i think i was like 12 or something I don't know.

• I was 10 years old when I started wearing one. I can't really remember the "signs". All I knew is that I needed bras ASAP. 😂

• I was in third grade when my mom told me but I thought bras were too uncomfortable so I wore a sports bra a few months later I got a real bra.

• When I was in 4th grade I started feeling soreness on my chest and told my mom. She said I was getting boobs and bought me a training bra.

• Hahah

• Lol she was right though. I wore the trainers until 7th grade because I never got bigger than an a cup and then the week before I started 8th grade I was a c. D by the end of it. And now I'm a ddd 8 years later.

• Woah! Lol

• Well I started wearing a training bra when I was about 11 but that was just because all my friends wore bras and I was a really late bloomer. Didn't really need an actual bra until I was 12 or 13

• When there was boobs on my chest I bought me some bras 👌

• I didn't need a bra till after I was 16.

• When they started to get in the way lol.

• heya
    they had a mind of there own and were everywhere!! I was 11 and my mum bought me some :)

• When your nips show through fabric, and your boobs bounce with every move

• I've never needed them.

• I was around 13. My breasts started growing and it was uncomfortable.