What's your thoughts on cosplay?

Just asking as I'm curious. ^-^ Some people think it's childish and silly. Some think it's fun and creative. What's your thoughts on it?

Just to clarify, I mean any type of cosplays but mainly cosplays people wear to conventions.

Most Helpful Guy

• depends.

I think it's generally a good thing. Shows you're interrested in something, devoted to it, and isn't afraid to have fun.

I only have two gripes with it. One; cosplay your gender, please. Sorry, but if you're a 6.2 male, then cosplaying a chick from a japanese anime won't work. Likewise a 4.5 small girl won't manage to cosplay a t800 terminator. And two; dressing like the whore-version of whatever you're cosplaying, to get attention.

With that out of the way, i want to repeat that i think it's cool. Some cosplays are amazing!

• Fair points. I don't completely agree but I understand what you mean :)

• good. So overal i approve of it (well made cosplays look great. and even quick and okay ones are cool too if the cosplayer put some character into it). It's just... bad cosplays that look bad XD

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 13

• It's a wondrous celebration of fandom and popular media. I enjoy it, though I don't practice it myself. However, I feel the cosplay that most people see is the over-sexualized, professional model level cosplay that is generally used to draw in viewers or clicks on a website. It's so much more. Sure, sexy cosplay is fun, but I've seen come costumes that took a lot of ingenuity and creativity just to get it to work in real life. It's amazing.

• I love cosplay, I plan on Buying Cosplay in the future, and as for cosplayers they're cool, just if your a 40 year old dude don't Cosplay as Sailor Moon, or one of the other Sailors

• Not my kind of thing.

But hey, if you're into that sort of stuff, I'm not stopping you. It's a hobby like anything else.

• Where I live there is a group who get together almost every weekend in cosplay. Most are young, but a couple are in 40's.

• gay as hell

• I like it, but never tried it before

• I think it's cute and fun

• I feel embarrassed looking at it and I would probably die of shame if I tried to make one, but still, I like it.

• Haha fair enough :)

• Keep making those cute smiley faces and I might just hug you :3

• Love looking at it, would never do it

• Cosplay, in my eyes, is just a bit of fun. Yeah, it can bring the inner creativity out of you if you make your own outfits. I used to cosplay regularly when I was a little younger but I rarely have the time to play dress up nowadays.

• it is fun way to meet people and make new friends im0

• I'd like to do a giant cat.

• It's just a bit of harmless fun and some people put a lot of effort into those costumes.

What Girls Said 10

• I can't speak for the boys, but, on the girl side there seems to be this... coldness, toward women who are more traditionally good-looking, at a lot of the cons.
    It seems almost like a girl edition of the movie "Revenge of the Nerds".

Dunno what's going on there, but, it almost seems like there's a "safe space" for women who were rejected by the popular crowd growing up, and that space is protected pretty (passive-) aggressively.

Anyone else seen that?

• cute. I'd have fun getting dressed up. even though I don't actually read comic books.. looks like fun

• So very, very awesome one of these days I will cosplay as Daenerys

http://i.imgur.com/Hctf1BP.jpg

• I like it.

• I do it once a year and it's fun!

• Hehe that's cool :) I haven't done it yet but for the first I'll be doing it this year :)

• Good choice, she's so badass! Darn it, I wanna steal her umbrella.

• Haha I know right :P

• I like it I do it myself so :)

• Don't see the point at all.

• I suppose for some it can be the thrill of bringing your favourite characters to life. But yeah, for most people it's just something they do for leisure. :)

• But it's hot?

• Cosplays are fun especially the anime ones :)

• It's awesome! I did it twice. The first time, I went as Touka from Tokyo Ghoul, then I dressed as Mikasa from Attack on Titan. :D

• It's not my thing but people make amazing costumes to do it