Girls, To those who wear makeup, what do you do with makeup that doesn't work out for you?

**** If you don't wear makeup, I'm not interested in your opinion!! *****

But I bought two foundations that don't work out for me. One is too drying for my skin, the other oxidizes too orange for my skin tone.
I cannot return them because I've spend a while trying to make them work. Do you just throw them away, even if they're barely used? I would feel guilty throwing these away but they obviously don't work for me. They are drug store foundations, so it's not like I spent 20+ dollars on them, but it still sucks.
help?

3

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually I'll donate them somewhere. A lot of places will do collections for toiletries and clothing, etc. so I'll give them any makeup I don't want. That way it either goes to someone who needs it, or if they don't want the makeup for whatever reason (idk, it might be a sanitary issue) then they will just throw it out, but at least I tried!

What Girls Said 2

• My go to would be to see if they were the right colour for a friend or relative so someone else could get some use out of them and save some cash. Otherwise I might use them for costume makeup or contouring (if you're into that.) You may not use all of it before expiration, but you could use some of it!

• I use the app poshmark to resell the makeup I dont want. You can also buy and trade makeup and other things.