Is getting your tongue pierced skanky ?

I want to get my tongue pierced but not for any thing sexual I just think it looks cool. I'm afraid it will give people the wrong impression of me so should I get it?

Most Helpful Girl

• When I had it done, I didn't think it was. I actuly liked it.

but then I was on a bus oneday, and a young girl got on. she sat down and then started to play with her tongue ring. as much as I didn't mean to, I saw her as a little trashy. I don't know but seeing a girl sitting there, with her tongue out playing with it, really isn't an attractive sight unless you were bout to give head *coz belive it or not, that's all the tongue ring is seen as* so as soon as I got home that day, I took it out.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes.

• you see people from the most diverse backgrounds with tongue piercings so I don't think you can ;label anyone because of it... who cares what anyone else thinks though, if you wanna get it done, do it! it is hot when you see a gal with tongue done though!

• I wouldn't say skanky. Retarded sounds more like it. Why any one would want to put something through their tongue just doesn't make sense. Lip piercings are the WORST though.

• Society seems to be becoming more accepting of piercings and other forms of body modification.

• Well... personally I don't think it looks cool at all and IMO, yes it looks a bit "skanky."

• My girl has hers pierced and I think it's sexy! I'm not into piercings or tattoos at all, but she has her tongue pierced and has a small-ish really cute tattoo...love it!

• Yes, it will give people the wrong impression. There is no escape.

• no its not skanny at all and in fact a lot of different girls are geting them and some of these girls are not sluts at all . like at my college I know of 2 nursing students who have one and a police student as well and there all small town girls who would not be considered sluts in that sense . but it might give some people the wrong impression of them although its only a piercing so it really shouldn't

• I don't like them.

What Girls Said 11

• well I don't think it looks slutty. I just think if I had one it would be a pain to clean and prevent it from getting infected possibly. I like eyebrow piercings more than tongue piercings.

• with todays society it isn't seen that way by everyone but there are people that see it that way. its a personal choice really if you don't think about it as a sexual thing then it isn't but if you do than it may be. I think its more on how you carry yourself after you get it done that will show if its trashy or not!

• I have my tonge pierced and most of the time people don't even know I have it. But I do agree with what-do-guys-want, there's girls that are always playing with it, I think that might look trashy. But like I said with me people don't even know I have it, until I start laughing or talking really fast :) And who cares what people think

• I don't think it is. I have mine done. And I got mine does purely because I liked the piercing as well. Not for any other reason. Especially not sexual. I think if it is something you really like and want, get it. You shouldn't worry about what others think, as it is something you want and like.

• Well personally you're going to get a lot of different reactions. I have my tongue pierced and I got lots of differnt reactions and yes a lot of people will think you are just getting it becasue you want to appeal to those of the other sex who want blows :S But it's really not about what other people think and more about what you think of it.

• i have mine done and have had it for 3yrs...i live with my aunt and for 3yrs she had no idea I had it. So it your not constantly playing with it and stuff people won't even know you have it.

• They do look cool but keep in mind that they ruin your teeth.

• Actually if pierced correctly, they don't;)

And yes! They do look freaking cool!:D

• If you want it done get it done! :) I have mine done and I'm not a slut...Just a piercing junkie!

If anyone says don't, you'll look slutty... IGNORE IT. its YOUR body, you do wth you want with it!

• kinda

• I don't love them and IMO it does look a bit 'skanky'

• I think it is.