Should more girls cut their hair short despite what boys think?

When I cut my hair short it was the best thing I've ever done and I love it. My friend was confused as she thought that I then wouldn't get a boyfriend but I didn't care. Luckily my hair didn't change boys opinions of me too much. I then convinced the same friend to also get a pixie cut. Guess what she loved it and has it even shorter than mine. Every girl I know that has short hair loves it. So why are girls so scared to cut it off? I don't care what boys think so why should everyone else. It's your hair and you can do what you want with it. My pixie cut it so much more practical, easier to manage, can do so many styles and also looks so cute. I don't know why ever girl hasn't got short hair lol, it makes sense in my eyes. It's proven that every face shape has a style for short hair. I don't think I'll ever grow my hair long again. Short hair is the bestShould more girls cut their hair short despite what boys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I like pixie cuts. I think short hair can really look great on a girl and "open up" her face.

Most Helpful Girl

• Never ever do anything to your body for a boy. You should literally give 0 fucks about what kind of haircut men likes.

What Guys Said 39

• To each their own. If you want to make yourself look like a guy and only attract lesbians and guys still trying to convince themselves they aren't gay, sweet. But most of us do care what the opposite sex thinks, even if we try and deny it. So if you want guys heads to turn, keep it long.

• I think it doesn't fit every face. So you can obviously do whatever you think it's more attractive to yourself (or others), but some faces (or hair colors, I don't know.. it's something I can't really put a finger on it) just don't look good in it. On the other hand, some faces look absolutely gorgeous with short hair.

I usually prefer the long wavy/curvy, but I can easily recognise beautiful woman with short hair. I have to admit it's a bit more intimidating to me (relationship wise), but that's a problem of mine, not theirs.

• Some girls are cute with a pixie cut and some girls just look masculine with short hair. I am not trying to condemn them or be judgmental, but some of them look masculine.

• Don't do it girls! Don't do it! Lol

• If you don't care what boys think, there is no problem. But, most people do want to be sexually attractive.

• If you don't care what boys think, then go ahead.
    However, a vast majority of men like at least shoulder length hair. You'll probably luck out and find a guy that doesn't care, but just know that not caring about what the opposite sex thinks of you comes at a price.

• You look really cute with short hair

• people should wear their hair however they want

• As long as you dont try to shame men for not finding it attractive I dont think anyone cares what you do with your hair.

• Should they? Well, that's your hair, do what you want with it.

But I personally find this cut very unattractive! I like long hair, so I can play freely with it 😛

• Oh, just wanna add something: if a girl actually cares about what guys find attractive then no she shouldn't cut her hair this way, because I imagine the majority of guys find hair this short to be unattractive (expectations prove the rule).

• Depends on how short. Hair shorter than mine, I don't really like that. That's why my hair is not that short.

As for pixie, it depends. Really depends. I can see why someone would want to ditch long hair, it's a bitch to manage.

• Girls can cut their hair whichever way they want. They should just remember that men in general would perfer longer hair. What exactly are your reasons to cut your hair short? I know some women who did it as a symbol or something which I personally think itnis a silly idea. Someone shouldn't need to symbolize that their life is changing or they are changing themselves by cutting their hair.

• If you don't wanna get laid, yea lol

• I think some girls look realllly good with short hair. But more often, I find girls with longer hair to be attractive. Meh. Hair length doesn't really matter to be, tbh.

• The girl on the left and right looks beautiful with short maybe bc of their face shape and i think not every girl can fit in these types of hairstyle :P

• You are free to not give a damn about what the guys think, just don't complain when the guy you end up having a huge crush on won't like it.

• Don't get mad when boys say no

• No. Never do it. Ever.

• most guys like longer hair and by short we mean shoulder length shorter is not good if you love your new hair cut thats great, but i have one thing to ask you, please dont ask about why guys are not approaching you.

• personaly i love long hair but if your cutness requires a short hair then cut it but not too short cuz someone wants to pull it

• Short hair only works for certain faces. But if you've got the face for it, knock yourself out.

• Firstly, it your hair, so you do what makes you feel good.

The caveat is that short hair works on some girls and not on others. Ruby Rose can absolutely pull it off but it looks terrible on Kaley Cuoco for example.

• yuk.

• Not that short...

• Better with long hair.

• Who cares? if you want to cut it, cut it

• That looks horrible.

• I think girls should do what girls want to.

• all 3 look like men

• Pixie cuts are hot.

Regardless, fuck what other people think; do what makes you happy.

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 32

• It's easy enough for a long-haired girl to just walk into a shop with wigs, and try on some short-haired ones, to get a decent idea before taking the plunge.
    Super easy.
    Yes, you can get all the hair under a short-haired wig... quite easily. (Think of how easily it gets into a shower cap)

If you have long hair and are THINKING about cutting it short, here are some things to think about:

* Having had long hair all my life except for a 2-3 year period, I can tell you that you will be VERY conscious of yr face. So, just make sure that you LOVE yr face, or are at least very comfortable with it.

* Short hair requires MUCH more daily maintenance/upkeep -- in the "getting ready to go out the door" sense, not the washing sense -- than long hair does.
    Long hair is super duper easy. Apart from washing and drying, I spend about 45 seconds/day on hair care -- brush out and go.
    If it's a bad hair day, boom, 4 more seconds and it's in a pony. Still under a minute, and, good enough for even the most professional of settings.

* Keeping long hair out of my face at the gym is trivial.
    Ponytails (and/or pigtails if it's leg day) are incapable of stabbing me in the eyes at the worst possible time, which shorter hair does all too easily.
    I make most of my living in fitness, so, this is not a small issue.

* Long hair is much more versatile. You can... DO so much stuff with it.
    Ponytails, high ponytails, curls, pigtails, all manner of updo's, crimps, bla bla bla bla. All the things.
    You got short hair, you got... well, that one short haircut. Hope you like it. LOL
    Not to mention, ironically, it's easier to wear a short-hair wig with long hair, than the other way around. Gathering up long hair underneath a short-hair wig is, again, super duper easy. Gathering up hair that's too short for a ponytail, to fit under a longer wig? Ahahahahahhaha. Nope.

* Finally, if you cut yr hair short and then grow it back out long, ohhhh girl the awkward phase. It lasts for many many months, during which you'll re-acquaint yrself intimately with those plastic headbands, like yr 10 years old all over again. LOL And you'll have to put yr hair up in those weird half-ponytails with the bobby pins in front for workouts.

Still, I say go for it. Yolo, and all that.
    My husband would approve, too. He LOVES short hair on women, and makes the (entirely valid) point that a beautiful face looks all that much more beautiful with less hair to get in the way of the side profile.

• Also, short hair exposes the back of yr neck and shoulders, which is super erotic. A lot of boys LOVE this... and aren't even aware that they do until they find themselves in a relationship (or other romantic entanglement) with a short-haired girl. Then they get used to coming up to that girl from behind and kissing the back of her neck... and it's on. <3

• Yes!! Less women should stop acting like the approval and praise of men is the all end/be all of existing -_-

• Awesome for you.

I have no desire to cut my hair short. It's been short when I was a child. It was terrible. I was the most hideous thing on the planet. My mother did my disservice by insisting it be chopped and then PERMING it. Like... wtf mother? lol

Nope. I'll keep it the length it is now... just by my shoulder blades. And if it just so happens that guys are more attracted to it than they are to the pixie cut craze then... well, not my problem.

• Just do whatever you want with your hair. Who cares who likes it as long as YOU like it. There are tons of fabulous hairstyles out there. Don't let silly people try to fool you. www.buzzfeed.com/.../filp-your-hair-back-and-forth

• I've never wanted to. It looks cute on some people, but to me it's not worth the risk of cutting it and hating it, then having to wait for it to grow back out. My hair grows pretty slowly to begin with. I keep it bobbed, though, so I do technically have short hair, but I don't have any desire to try going any shorter than that.

• Well my hair is super sleek and has no volume from itself so I would literally look like this guy:
    vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest
    So I would still have to do a lot to make it look at least decent. Right now I can wake up, brush my hair and I'm done.
    I've had a coconut head when I was a kid and I hated it.

• To each her own. My hair is to the middle of my back, healthy and happy :) I have considered cutting it many times just to make it easier, but pulled back from doing it. If I did, I'd go in increments...

Rock your style, whatever it is.

• I've never not cit my hair bc of boys, it just takes me a long time to grow it out and everyone was always cutting not off when i was a kid. independent off my will. so top me its a sign of personal sovereignty. however i have pixies it and buzz cut it as an adult. i liked it it was fun. but it takes too long to grow back. anyhow i prefer long hair on guys. short hair is not something that males me feel more like a guy or less desirable to men. i just like long hair.

• looks cute on you :)

id prefer more women with shorthair and more guys with long hair. itd be a nice change.

• Everyone should do what they want to do with their hair...

• Not me!

• If you want to cut your hair short, go for it.

I will eventually get a pixie cut. However, as I'm away at school and can't find a good hairstylist in this backwater, I'm growing my hair a bit. I want to be able to put it up.

• only if that's what they like. it would be my nightmare to cut my waist length hair.

• Why though haha, you'll still look pretty. I acutally think short hair would suit you

• Aww thank you Asker, mmm I don't know, I feel like my long hair is my identity, most girls in my Uni have shorter hair, I feel like it differentiate it me a bit :) And it's too long haha it would take 4 years at least to get back to this length

• @Cody3180 hahah well, he did tell me he liked long hair haha :p

• We should do whatever we want with our hair, but we should also know it's not going to be attractive to everybody

• @SunsetRose Do you have short hair?

Should be attractive only to the she loves. Because, short hair exposes the back of yr neck and shoulders, which is super erotic. A lot of boys LOVE this

• If I cut my hair my boyfriend said he'd grow a mullet. It's better for everyone if I keep my hair long

• If the girl prefers it sure. I personally do NOT like short hair. And I mean I shaved my head bald in the past... Not because I liked it tho it was just to develop myself as a person and I donated it. But I won't do that again any time soon XD I love long hair so much and mine is almost up to my butt now.
    But yeah if a girl prefers short hair she should do that :)

• I've had short hair for a really, really long time now (short bob, pixie cut, side-shave, you name it). I like my hair short, but it's mainly because long hair just doesn't look good on me. I always ended up with my hair in a bun, French roll or whatever, it was such a hassle :P

• I like it short on you

• Each to their own I say.

• You couldn't pay me to chop my hair off. I don't like short hair.

• if u can rock it and u like it, go for it. the confidence can be a turn on to men

i dont like how i look with shorter hair and dont think i could pull it off. i like longer if it can be helped. to each her own

• I luv all those styles... I'm so glad that I cut my hair short too.

• If it suits you & thats what you want go for it. As for myself I have only ever cut my hair short once years back worst thing I ever did. I love my long hair.

• I don't care what boys, girls, or even you think. I love long hair & I think it looks better, especially on me.

• I don't like that hair style.

• if they want.

• Do whatever you want. I bet you look gorg! I would too but I look better with long hair :(

• i have always had long hair and i like it

• Once I've cut my hair short even not as those pixie cuts. But I liked it. Also I think guys don't care so much about the hair length.

• I think anyone should do what they want with their hair.
    I cut my hair short awhile ago, and it looked shit on me. It only suits some people not all.

• Whatever they wanna do.

• More from Girls
    2