Tips to smell better?

I think I smell badly. I do the basics (perfume, body wash, deodorant, shower daily, clean clothes) but I tend to sweat a lot. Any tips?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with the other post as well.

1) Shower regularly but after the shower apply some powder (with baking soda because this ingredient controls and absorbs odors) to your under arms, back of your legs etc.

2) In addition, make sure the deodorant you are using is an antiperspirant because it slows down sweating. Whereas regular deodorant will cover up the smell of sweat. I carry an extra stick of deodorant in my pursue in case I have to reapply during the day.

3) Wear your clothes once and then launder them. Be sure to wash your bed sheets and pillow cases every 2 weeks.

4) Pay attention to your shoes too because your feet sweat a lot too. If your shoes stink then get rid of them and buy a new pair. Adding powder to your shoes will cut down on the odor and control sweating too.

• Psh, typical woman response. Shoes stink, SHOE SHOPPING TIME! Only kidding dear=P Lmao if they stink, wash the buggers, don't run out and get new ones!

• Yes, washing is an option.....however it depends on the type of shoe too. :)

• Very true. Some would just fall apart in the wash =\

What Guys Said 2

• You tend to sweat alot, are you using anti-persperant deodorant, or just deodorant? Using the latter when you sweat is like spraying perfume on a pile of shi* to make it smell better. I imagine you have others around you that would tell you if you did indeed stink, maybe it's in your head dear.

• and even if it may seem contradictory working out can help you clear out your system as well as increase its ability to deal with stressful or very tiring situations

• Oyes, there are things you could do. Like a cure of cleaning you body system, all thru the natural ways and by sweating all toxines out. Think it'll last a couple weeks until the whole process is done, though then you should be prepared of that you'll prob smell even badlier during the process.

But when its all done you're "clean".

Never tried this myself, but have actually been thinking of doing it sometime. Heard that it should be great for all sort of body and organic issues.

What Girls Said 5

• if you sweat a lot, like after going to the gym, just take a shower or take those sanitary body wipes with antibacterial agents to help decrease odour and be more clean. what makes sweat stink is bacteria. just make sure you take a shower after going to a gym and wear deodorant throughout the day and touch up on that.

• since you are alrdy doing the basics, keep doing it ..

hows ur diet? try to consume more fruits and veges, plenty of water too. I heard that dairy stuff and meat can cause body odor.

• You may want to ask your doctor to prescribe you prescription strength deodorant.

• I have had the same problem with sweating since I was about 12 years old. I tried extra strength anti-perspirants, powders, and just about everything else you could think of and nothing worked. I finally did some research online and heard about this anti-perspirant called Maxim. It's for hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) and costs less than twenty dollars. It worked like a miracle for me. I have been using it since high school, and I only need to use it once every few months now. I totally sound like a salesperson pitching this product, but I was always really embarrassed about how much I sweat, and with this product I literally don't sweat anymore. I've recommended it to a few of my friends with the same problem and they absolutely love it. Good luck :-).

• Use certain dri. it's much stronger than the regular deodorants and antiperspirants out there and will control your sweating.

Also, if you tend to sweat a lot on your face and hands, put some antiperspirant on your face and hands as well. I know it sounds weird, but it works.

• Be careful with the latter advice. Anti-persperant works because it blocks pores - thus, on your face, you're asking for a break out.

• I use Certain-Dri, it works really well!