Are g-string bottoms starting to become standard at the beach for girls?

I saw more and more of this kind of thing last year - girls who don't have the classic 'model' body opting for skimpier styles.

I actually think these look better than full coverage bikinis would on the same bodies - what do other people think? Guys, do you think they look good, girls, do you like them, and would you ever wear them?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's a good thing that people are getting more relaxed about this kind of thing, and also that fewer and fewer people seem to be standing in judgement about it (although I can see that these kinds of people do still exist, from some of the comments you've had).

Lots of people wear them because they don't want the tanlines. There's nothing immoral about it - weird that somebody would even suggest that there is, in 2016...

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 12

• I have definitely noticed a lot more girls wearing these than I did before. I personally wouldn't wear them myself, but they do look good on a lot of people.

• In terms of looking good, would you agree that the wearer doesn't need the model look to pull them off properly?

• No way would I ever wear that. It doesn't look good and it looks like a gigantic wedgie. Not attractive!

I prefer having some modesty when it comes to swimwear, and to leave a bit to the imagination.

• There a line between being too covered up and having everything hanging out. All the women above look pretty because they seem confident about their body. Though, it doesn't mean it's alright to show your ass in public. They could still go for a flattering bikini that isn't so revealing and look awesome, provided that they feel confident.

• This is immoral. I'd never wear them even if I had a nice body for them.

• I don't really go to the beach, nor do I dress up in swimwear very often... but no, I wouldn't wear something like that. I don't think it looks good. I also have a flat ass so I just prefer wearing shorts over whatever swimwear I have on.

• Literally never seen that ever. Are you sure that it's popular worldwide?

• That's not a g-string, most of them look like they've just given themselves a wedgie to show their ass cheeks.

• So This is ok, but a lady popping out her boobs isn't... ok.. Lol Americans.. lol anyway I'm German and we get naked soo... lol

• I know its common in Brazil.
    It depends on how open the society is to them.

• I wouldn't walk around with my arse hanging out for all to see, but it doesn't offend me that others do. They should wear what ever they like, hell - go naked if you like, I don't give a fuck.

• I don't think they will become standard but I've already seen them in the Netherlands, Belgium, France and Spain.

• Those are not g-strings.

What Guys Said 11

• shut up asshole! if you say shit, girls will notice and stop wearing that shit! just sit down, get yo popcorn and enjoy the show like the rest of us ;)

• Some of these girls need to cover up their butts; it is definitely not their best ASSet. Actually, seeing one of these butts in bed naked might be fine but they shouldn't have them on display to the public. They really don't look that good. (However, I am not a fan of big butts and those who are may have a different opinion on this subject.)

• Honestly, saw this on beaches in the Mediterranean area even 30 and 40 years ago. It is not that startling when it has been around for so long. Just getting more popular in the US.

• starting? nah. its been like that around SoCal for a damn long while. girls love showin off that ass

• yeah lol this is standard fare here

• @Toad-1 even when they have a small booty they still wear it and somehow pull it off so damn well. i was cruising along PCH and holy shit, I've never seen such fine small booty in a skimpy bikini anywhere else lol

• I haven't been to the beach for a couple of years but you could always see them in southern Europe... not what most people wear but also far from being uncommon. maybe it has gotten more by now but I don't think it will be the standard anytime soon.

oh and that's not a g-string

• Technically those aren't G-string bottoms. Don't really have a problem with it but I rarely see them. Where do you live?

• That's more than I would rather see. I tend to find modesty attractive.

• I hope not, I like girls in beach shorts more.

• These are not the hottest girls out there. A hot girl yes.

• Those are thongs, but yeah.

• I'd call that mooning. :)