How do I Become Less Ugly?

I'm really ugly. I have an ok personality (introverted, shy, artistic, creative, imaginative, and sarcastic) I'm tired if looking in the mirror, and cringing. My hair is slow growing, and its hard to style without me looking stupid. I'm kind of short for a 14 year old (5'6) and I have a hideous body. I'm and apple shape, which makes my arms slim, and my midsection thick. I look weird because I'm thick in the middle, but smaller on the bottom. I have no curves, or wide hips. I have a gut (its noticeable in certain clothes but east to conceal) I have a weird voice that sounds like a guy going through puberty (I don't sound like a girl). Overall, I'm not attractive. I'm not allowed to wear makeup either, and I can't afford trendy clothes.

Also, I've never had a boyfriend, and my all of my friends have dated someone or are dating someone. I feel like the odd one out.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're not short. The average adult woman in the u. s. is under 5'5"

If your voice is sort of that cracking voice... well a lot of guys actually find that pretty sexy.

The gut doesn't help, if your'e being honest, which based on claiming to be a short 5'6" i'm inclined to not believe.

If you post a pic with your face blurred so we can see hair and body we might be able to give more constructive advice.

• I don't know what type of world tour living in, but since when do guys like girls who sound like them going through puberty? And how I that sexy?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• What does the queen in snow white and the huntress do? I can't remember but she does something that makes her young and beautiful. Do that

• The first step is realizing that you really aren't ugly haha. Its hard but I promise you that you aren't it's all in your head

• your only 14 your body hasn't matured you might turn into a princess it happens

• Your appearance isn't that important maybe for some but not all , also if you want to be less ugly be feminine and be loyal.

• Nah
    You ain't ugly
    by the way I think you're tall

• Cheerup girl... you are not ugly

• Yo, you're only 14. Whatever you do, don't do something stupid like become anorexic. Eat well, try jogging or swimming, don't overdo it though.

• You have great height :)

What Girls Said 9

• I'm sure you've noticed that most people from 12 to even 20, feel insecure about their looks. Your body is still growing, and it might look kinda awkward until it forms completely. You can start eating healthy, exercising and forming good hygiene routines, to look awesome when your body grows completely. You also need to look at yourself and start seeing what you like on you, so that you can emphasize those.

You don't have to wear make up or have expensive clothes to look good. You can find a nice haircut, and pick clothes that look good on you.

• Even the most beautiful models have commented about being an awkward ugly duckling growing up. I would, and do go to a gym or go jogging when I feel ugly or not great about myself. Improved self-esteem is a key psychological benefit of regular physical activity. When you exercise, your body releases chemicals called endorphins. These endorphins interact with the receptors in your brain that reduce your perception of pain.
    Endorphins also trigger a positive feeling in the body, similar to that of morphine. For example, the feeling that follows a run or workout is often described as "euphoric." That feeling, known as a "runner's high," can be accompanied by a positive and energizing outlook on life.

• Da fuck? 5'6" isn't short at all. When I was 14 I wasn't even 5'0" yet. Right now I'm 24 and barely 5'1" So saying your short when your at 5'6" is extremely stupid. Plus it's a huge lie because that ain't short.

Your friends that are dating 14 are extremely stupid. What's the point of dating anyone at that age? You can't drive yourself on dates, your parents have to take you EVERY WHERE, they are even more uptight if you try to ask a boyfriend over, etc. Trust me when I say you shouldn't feel bad about not having one. I didn't have a boyfriend at 14. I only got one right before I turned 16 years old. Like a month before that.

If your that insecure about your body. Then go to a gym and tone up. You're 14 so you should probably be able to see changes faster than someone who is older.

• 1. Looks aren't everything
    2. You aren't ugly
    3. You are just 14 you have time to change. I looked AWFUL when I was 14. Lol
    4. I didn't have a boyfriend when I was 14 either. I seriously just got my first one. 😂
    If you have a problem with your body try eating better. I'm cutting cals right now to get ready for prom. Whatever you do don't eat less than 1200. Try advoiding breads/wheat, sugary food, stuff with a lot of grease and drink more water.

• Okay, firstly you're very tall for a 14 year old girl. Try extentions for your hair. Makeup can basically make anyone look attractive. Try working out.

• I can't wear make up, or wear extensions. My mom won't let me, because she thinks "I'm already beautiful."

• You sound a lot like me, we could basically be twins 😹, but trust me you're not ugly. You're still growing and someone will like you for you. We've all go through an awkward stage in life. (Oh and I'm 16 and only 5'1, you're definitely not short)

• I'm 5'2"... and I'm 23... whuuuut?

• STOP LOOKING FOR VALIDATION!

• First up 5'6 is not short, i am 25 and 5'5... Also being a little shorter is good, means you can wear heels!

As for the apple shape take inspiration from apple shape celebs! A quick google search will show you some apple celebs!

Lastly you will never feel attractive until you learn to love yourself. At 14 make up, clothes etc are not important, enjoy being young, when you are older you can worry about looking great.

I doubt you are ugly! No one has the same taste, many people will find you more attractive than someone you think is more attractive!

Just have some confidence!