Ever wish you could be the opposite gender?

I do, a lot. I really don't like being a guy. I'm almost nothing like a guy and I follow very few male stereotypes. I'd much rather have tea time with the ladies than go drinking with the guys (bear with me, it's very crude analogy to prove a point)

Now I don't cross dress, wear makeup or anything like that, and I am straight and like girls a lot (mainly because I like their mannerisms better) but if I had enough money to get a perfect sex change and look 100% like a girl I'd do it. I don't care how creepy that sounds, it'd be better than feeling trapped in the wrong body.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't feel trapped in the wrong body, but I do want to be a boy sometimes. Like that time of the month. But I wish I were a boy especially when summer comes. My female friends are so not sporty, and I am sporty, but since puberty hit, I have gotten shy to ask any boy to play sports with me. The times where the boys help a teacher lift something heavy that I could lift too if given the chance. When I want to just get up in the morning and throw on whatever I want, but I can't. When I go outside to walk and be by myself, but my parents get suspicious of me even though I have never given them a reason not to trust me. When we are at family-friends' place and the boys are not forced to chat with the uncles/aunts but the girls have to say something to them or their family reputation will be ruined. When I am checking out boys but my friends think I am "weird." When I am taking a shower, because being a girl, I have to clean myself using more bath products which wastes more time. When I am online, if I was a boy, I could talk to anyone and nobody will think that I am doing something inappropriate. When I am in my room and my little sister just comes into the room without knocking, because if I was a boy I would get my own room. When a guy breaks my heart and gets away with it easily. When people ask me about marriage, I want to answer that I want to have a stable career first, not have annoying kids. When I just want to take my t-shirt off and lay in my balcony bare-chested on hot summer nights but I can't. Also, I want to know how it feels like to love a girl, if a male is truly capable of being in real love with a female because of who she is.

Hmm, I thinks that's about it. Any comments are welcome.

What Girls Said 4

• I completely understand your desire to be a girl, and I honestly feel really bad for you, and other transgendered people. I cannot even imagine how awful it would feel to have my consciousness, but be trapped in the body of a guy. Like, oh my God. Even thinking about it depresses the sh*t out of me.

Um, I don't really know what to tell you. I'm sorry. You have my deepest sympathies. Hopefully they'll perfect gender reassignment surgery within your lifetime.

• Well what I hate even more is that I enjoy the company of girls a lot more than guys, and I would love to just sit with a group of girls without being judged differently by them for being a guy or my urges and desires getting the way. I just wish I could be "one of the girls" which is something I can never have happen being a guy.

• I would looooove to be a guy, however I don't feel trapped in the "wrong body". I'm too blunt and aggressive. I hate make-up, nail polish, and wearing jewelry. You'll never see me in heels. I take care of myself, but I just hate how girls always have to look "pretty and perfect" I'd much rather play video games and go riding with the boys than have a spa day and go shopping with the girls! I feel like guys have a lot more freedom and tend to be a lot more laid back than girls. Guys don't get caught up with drama. Plus guys clothes are soooo much more comfortable than girl's clothes! hahaha I can think of a million reasons for why I'd want to be a guy!

• Yep, it'd be fun to have a penis.

• Yes - so I could go up to the guy I like and give him a smack around the head and tell him to go up to that girl he likes and make a move on her and call him an ass for goofing around for so long...

What Guys Said 2

• I would wish to become more androgynous but still remain a dude. It helps with understanding women in general.

• I do actually, because it's way easier for a girl to get a boyfriend than it is for a guy to get a girlfriend, and obviously, way easier for a girl to get laid than it is for a guy.