Girls, what is your opinion on a school that makes you wear shorts under the skirt as part of the uniform?

I go to a catholic school and we have to wear black spandex shorts under our uniform skirts and I don't really get why.

8

Most Helpful Girl

• I go to a catholic school too and we have strict dress codes here. But they don't really make us wear shorts under our skirts. However, we have to keep our skirt 3 inches below our knees, wear skin-toned bras, absolutely no makeup or accessories, and to tie your hair up at all times, even if it's dripping wet.

I think super strict dress codes like that are absurd and useless. Regarding your case, I think it's fine for them to make you wear shorts if you have skirts above your knees, you know, for modesty.

But to make you wear shorts under a goddamned long skirt? That's ludicrous.

What Girls Said 7

• i wear one even if im not required. It makes it easier to move and i dont have to be cautious of my actions all the time. and based from personal experience when my skirt went up when i go out from a public transpo (car), not a good idea... lol

• It's to protect your dignity in case of the wind and the boys that like to lift up girls skirts probably. I went to a catholic school for a while. There rules are the worst at times, good luck having to endure it all.

• Did they make you wear shorts under your uniform skirt?

• We had to wear opaque tights. Our skirts were so long anyway, and you weren't allowed to roll it up otherwise you'd get called to stand up at assembly in front of everyone to roll it down!

• I think shorts under skirts is just dumb in general. Why wear a skirt if it's just covering an pair of shorts?

• I agree, no shorts unders skirts! No panties either! They shouldn't make any dress code! Why not go to school naked?

• When you walk up the steps, guys can see under your skirt from the bottom staircase jusy by looking up.

That's actually a pretty smart idea.

• I think it's so that, if your skirt flies up, you will not expose too much.

• I dont get the whole uniform rules, so...