Know anything about watches?

My boyfriend likes watches. I want to buy him a nice watch (not necessarily for everyday use). No real reason. Not his birthday or anything. I just want to give him a watch lol because I can.

Anyway, I was looking online. I found one I think he'll like. He likes busy watches and prefers the metal band look.

I'm on my phone and it for some reason won't let me post links so you'll have to deal. But this is the watch:

Stuhrling Original Men's 387.33112 Delphi Automatic Skeleton Stainless Steel watch

Type it in on Amazon.

It's originally in the $400 range but Amazon has it for about $80. I'm a little skeptical due to how cheap it is. But most of the reviews are good. But I'm not a watch expert. He'd (in all likelihood) wear it a bit - even as a casual watch.

General thoughts on it?

• Good watch
  • Don't buy it

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I brought this watch for my boyfriend for this years Valentine's Day
    www.skywatches.com.sg/.../ssc141p1_4_1_1_1.jpg

Don't really want to say how much lol because his on Gag, but it's one of the best watches you can get. My dad still has his one (a sports version, black and red).

The watch I brought is solar which is also a plus..

What Guys Said 12

• here it's in the $150 range: www.bol.com/.../
    Look at buyer's comments on Amazon: www.amazon.com/.../B00930H00G

http://www.stuhrling.com/FAQ.html

• I would pass on Stuhrling Original. They're kind of like a cheapy supermall brand.

If you're in the $200 and under range, I'd get something by one of the Japanese makers. Citizen makes awesome solar-powered watches in that range, and Seiko and Citizen both make some really good mechanical ones. All three of those brands are real-deal watchmaking companies.

Also, does your boyfriend like automatic watches (these are mechanical watches that need to be worn all the time in order to keep running -- some like that, some don't)? Because the one you posted is an autommatic. Just want to make sure you knew.

• Yeah that brand has a few good watches be weary of buying off of amazon though. I bough a pretty nice pipe off of there and it broke within a week was poorly made to.

I own a few watches ranging from wrist to pocket watches. I don't know much about the brand you put up there but my main watch is my grandfathers vintage pulsar watch stainless steel, gold trimmed, metal band and its 40+ years old and still runs almost like new. They're nice looking, decently priced ( cheaper then your brand ) and durable as well as good quality.

Pulsars come in a lot of different types and styles to if I had to recommend a brand as a watch user I'd recommend pulsar good working mans watch.

• Fossil never fails.

• I do know a thing or two about watches. First you have to realize that's an automatic watch. If he's into autos it is a nice watch. But you have to make sure that you know your getting an auto. I only wear autos but some people think they are a pain in the ass. Also if your looking for a nice skeleton check out invicta also. They make nice watches too.

• Especially since it's not for everyday use that's why I'm stressing the automatic part.

• @SarahsSummer when you see your messages just know that I had to. You basically asked me to do it

• Pretty sure I asked you NOT to.

• Depends on if he prefers a leather strap or not, but it looks like a pretty good watch.

• He prefers the metal band look as opposed to the leather.

• If he likes blue, go with the blue one. I'm pretty sure, even if it was out of a cracker jack box, the fact you went out of your way to get him such a beautiful gift or thought of a gift for him without him asking or specifying, it will be greatly appreciated. Also, from experience, usually you women have really good taste in what looks good on your men. So he'll probably love it.

• what does it look like? that's a dope deal. it's cheap cause no one is buying it on the market at value. that's how i got 2 watches worth $700 each for $70 a pop and 2 at $50 worth over $500 each.

• it's good but u can find better. do he's really need that type of watch or u just guessing?

www.amazon.com/.../ref=pd_srecs_cs_241_41

• >Nice watch
    >$80 budget

Pick one, you can't have both.

Buy him a Rolex Submariner or a Breitling Orbiter. If it's not one of those you may as well get one from the Dollar Tree.

• I know they tell you what time it is. Sometimes, it may not be accurate though.

• It seems like I'm the only guy who never got any gift from anyone 😢

• I have a mobile, watches are redundant.

If he wants to old school, go full throttle and get him a nice pocket-watch.

What Girls Said 2