Are hijab only worn by Muslims?

Not a stereotype, but I think only Muslim girls wear hijab. However, not sure if it's a girls/women's fashion to wear that or just the Muslims.

Also, I realize there are different type of hijab. Are women wearing that as different part of Muslim or just their choices?

0|0
2|2

Most Helpful Guy

• i have no ideam but hijab is worn by muslims much more than any other culture or relgion

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• nope, i know a greek orthodox woman who wears hijab for her religion. lots of people wear hijab like head coverings from india to ethiopia. nuns also cover their hair.

different hijabs don't mean different parts of islam, anyone can wear any they want. the more religious ones wear burkas and niqabs which cover the face. the style that is most worn changes from place to place, in egypt most girls just wear a small headscarf with jeans but in somalia, religious girls wear jilbaab in bright colors.
    muhajabat.files.wordpress.com/.../somaliwomen.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • apparently Christian woman occasionally wear hijab

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• No... women in general are supposed to be COVERED from head to toe... no woman should leave the house without the permission of a man

0|0
    0|0