The level of attraction of natural looking red lips?

I LOVE the 'naturally red' lips look. Alongside a slightly emphasized eyes - like in these pictures;

link

link

Mostly the first picture...I just put the second one for the first one not to be the only one... xD

So, what do you think about this look?

Is it too much?

Could it be enhanced somehow?

Guys, do you like this look? Why do you, or don't you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Love it! But better not if you want to kiss.

What Guys Said 3

• The Kirsten Dunst red is too much. The second picture is just about perfect. I think the shape of the lips also play a factor.

• Yep.

The first picture is better in the eyes department. In it I could show you how to accentuate the eyes, while the lips are red. In the second picture the eyes are too much, so I didn't like it in contrast with red lips, but that's basically how I use red lipstick. Apply it and blot it away... And it's the way it should be applied. If you where wondering.... haha xD

• I let you girls keep your beauty secrets; just keep looking good :-)

• The color red instantly catches our eyes for some reason. I read about this somewhere, but I forgot the lecture of it. It does make me notice a girl, that's for sure.

• No. I dislike bright red lipstick.

What Girls Said 2

• I absolutely love, love, love the neutral (but slightly emphasized) eyes and soft-red-lips look. It's stunning on just about any woman, very retro glam--and versatile, too! You can wear this look anywhere, with any outfit, and any accessories. Yummy, yummy. Definitely one of my favorites.

The only way I could see it being "enhanced" is if you were specifically going for a very Hollywood, night-on-the-town look, in which case I'd recommend gold for the lids (softly blended outward with a more neutral shade like a light brown), false lashes, and a bright red lip gloss to help keep the red lips looking plump and fabulous.

• Oh...yep, but that look is waaaay too much for me!

I'd just go with a liquid black eyeliner very close to the lash-line, and perhaps thicken it a bit later...but keep away from any other colors, just to keep the red a main theme. ^_^

• It's not my favorite makeup look but I like Mary Kate's version a little better. I just think the first picture looks very 1950s and kind of old woman-y. Like a 60 year old should do her makeup like that but if you are young go for a different look. The reason I like MK's look better is because her lips are a little brighter and fun looking.

• It's Ashley...Mary Kate has very thin lips...

Kirsten's lips are brighter, Ashley's are more blotted, but she clearly used a darker shade than Kirsten did.