Will wearing more make-up and more revealing clothes make me more attractive?

I like my tight jeans and fitted t-shirts, but I'm always covered up. The most skin you'll ever see is if I go out and decide to wear a dress or shorts. I only wear eyeliner and mascara. I do my hair, but I've never dyed it and I don't get extensions or weave, etc. I'm comfortable with how I look, but I've noticed that guys pass me up for my friends, who always have their faces made, their hair done, their eyebrows done ("on fleek?"), etc. I don't want to change but I do feel unwanted. Will changing how I look make me more appealing?

Most Helpful Guy

• Let me change the equation around a bit - Do you want to get fleeting admiring looks from a number of guys or meet someone who likes you for who you really are - I know which one I would prefer - If you are happy with how you are but feel a little unwanted, it will most likely be a case of being a bit patient - You are young, plenty of time to meet the right guy for you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not necessarily. It might help but if you don't have a certain type of personality, it's an affect that will last for a mere few moments before another attractive girl with make-up and revealing clothes catches attention.

You have to consider what type of guys you are appealing to. Sure your friends may get a lot of attention but from what type of guys? Superficial guys who would go limp dicked if their brows weren't on fleek while they were being intimate? Guys who aren't proud to show them off to their friends if their hair isn't done up? Don't just assume that any ounce of male attention is positive and worth a lot.

If you really want to be more appealing to guys, then all you have to do is simply make them feel good and show them a good time. Don't just look sexy: say and do things that are sexy. Show zero skin but wear black tights that show how hard you work in the gym. Wear a t shirt but stand tall with your chin up, head held high, and chest out. The sexiest sexy is always revolves around what a woman does otherwise she's only sexy with the help of outside things.

What Guys Said 1

• No, it most likely won't. It'll just make you have paint on your face and look like a goof.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't see how it could. If you're not comfortable doing those things why would you want to date a guy who's into them?

• You can be covered and sexy! Do you own a pair of leather leggings? They are very attractive, especially with an oversized sweater or sweater dress!!!
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...1cc957b0a7.jpg

• It's not worth it to change your looks for others, if you're satisfied with how you look.

• Yes, it will. There's nothing wrong with building your physical appearance. Just be careful; doing that will increase your physical appeal. Make sure your look matches the type of attention you want to get. Quality over quantity.

• I'm the same way