Why is it that you have to basically look like a model to get noticed by girls?

Has anyone else ever noticed this? The guy has the looks, the body, the clothes, everything. I don't want to be him, or even be like him. What gives?

Most Helpful Guy

• Looks help but they are not the reason why girls like guys.

Women have a really difficult way of articulating why they like a guy. Because their whole world is emotion.

Its like trying to describe an emotion to someone. Their body acts, and their mind justifies it.

If you know girls they will talk up about a guy they like and describe him as tall and good looking. and then you meet him and he's like 5-4 and looks like Quasimodo.

None of the girls ever call her out on it either. because its her way of trying to put into words why she likes a guy.

Words are very surface level for women, they mean almost nothing.

The only thing she can do is put a label on why she likes a guy that is provided by stereotypes that other people give her.

For an insight on how women think you can go here, it explains pretty much everything you need to know about women. link After reading that you should know exactly why women do things.

What Girls Said 7

• I think we usually notice them all but we only talk about the really hot ones endlessly. LIttle secret though? I'd never actually go out with the amazingly good looking ones (and they ask, I'm not just saying this because they don't). Something about it is too intimidating.

• Looks aren't everything. You would be surprised how far confidence can go when it comes to attracting girls. My best guy friend is definitely not model material, but he gets girls constantly because he is super confident

• Why do you have to basically look like a model to get noticed by guys?

It goes both ways bud. Mainly due to the fact that it's pretty much hardwired in us to be automatically attracted to pretttty stuff. Ya know? It's life. Someone will come along.

• Even if its the case, you're still a pretty girl. besides the guys that are too afraid to approach you, you have your pick of the litter.

• Ya the shallow ones

• You don't have to look like a model to get noticed, it's just that they get noticed more often. Which is the same with girls. The hotter looking ones will always be noticed first.

• i strongly disagree with you, in fact very few of my friends do for guys like this. Actually I think guys have it pretty good when it comes to this, chubby guys are seen as cute, awkward guys are geek chic, guys that are more petite are adorable, etc. Girls give guys a lot a leeway when it comes to look, as we should, but guys should return the favor.

Girls have a very small window here, girls even slightly overweight are fat, awkward girls are weird, very thin girls are anorexic, tall girls are amazons, too muscular is masculine, you get the picture.

• This isn't true! The first thing I notice is If he can approach me. Then I take it attractiveness. Then personality. As many guys say on here, looks first but the personality keeps em stayin. I never fall for a guy unless he started flirting first

• I think you're just going after the superficial girls who are into those things and don't notice the other girls who aren't.

• Most girls do tho.

• Very true

What Guys Said 2

• Outside looking in.

Girls are attracted to unattractive guys all the time.

• Would you like some cheese with that whine?

That's a gross over-simplification. Women also notice status, personality and charisma.

Women are attracted more to confidence than anything else.

• Ok, so if I don't walk in like I own the place with my flashy clothes and nice car, am I seen as not AS strong as the "pretty boy"

• I'd disagree. in my experience fat guys are like gay guys to attractive girls.They see them as good friends but would never even think of them going out with them. SO a confident fat guy will just have a lot of friends,but cute girls won't want to date him

• Dude, I'm fat and I got several dates