What did his comment mean?

okay s0o0o I was at the mall with my friends and where shopping and there where some cheap dresses on sale and I bought like four. So I made a few changes on them and when I was done I wore it to a party a few days later and everybody was commenting on and then one of my guy friends says " you know you would do something like that it fits into your preppy ghetto chic style. now I'm African American and I tried not by offended by this because I am by no means ghetto and when he said this I gave him and he stopped talking. so I was wondering what do you think this is suppose to mean

i gave him a look
okay well I could care less about what he thinks about what I wear but the thing is he's been doing this for while now making snide comments and it's getting on my nerves.and I've talked to him and he says he's sorry and he''ll stop

Most Helpful Girl

• Firstly, guys say things before thinking. soo you shouldn't really pay attention to their comments unless their nice ones :P I'm sure your friend didn't mean to say it in a bad way.because guys tend to joke a lot no? . and even at that, men should not know the different kinds of styles, their most definitely clueless when it comes to womans clothing. I think you shouldn't let it bother you that much. And who knows, he might have a crush . guys bother the girls they like lol Hope this helps, so in conclusion don't let it get to you, if anything just say something back to him haha

What Guys Said 2

• awmawgawd,

so this guy comments on your dress, sounding like a pretty playful comment there, not like he meant anything with it, just to play-tease you and you give him a dirty look and he stops talking. I think what he meant was a joke, you took it seriously and he stopped and that's all there is to it.

But from the way it sounds, preppy ghetto chic is. What it sounds like =\.

• This is why I don't understand women.

What Girls Said 3

• i wouldn't read too much into it. if he doesn't like how you dress then that's his problem. he's JUST a friend and therefore really doesn't have the right to dictate what you do to your clothes or what you wear. if it really bothers you, just talk to him about and tell him that you felt insulted and offended by his comment.

• wait . . . what did you give him?

i think it means, that you have street style - but with a 'pretty' flavor. Maybe a little bit of NE girl mixed in somehow.

• I gave a look but he with the way he said like he was implying s0o0o yeah...

• Well, It depends on the kind of guy he is. If he's usually nice, and maybe sarcastic, he was possibly giving you (or trying to) a compliment. If he's one of those guys that's usually a jerk, then It could be an insult. You could just go up and ask him what it was about and what his point was. Though, if the guy usually is a jerk, then just ignore it. You shouldn't have to waste your energy on a person that insults you. I hope this helped!