What do you think of these wingtip dress shoes?

Do they look nice? Buy them or don't?

link

• Yay
    51% (18)50% (6)51% (24)Vote
  • Nay
    49% (17)50% (6)49% (23)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Got the shoes, wearing them now. Picture DOES NOT do them justice. Very very nice shoes. Fits like a glove. Thanks all. Breaking them in, would they expand a bit?

0|0
13|4

Most Helpful Girl

• It honestly depends on your 'style' and what kind of look you are going for, and when you would be wearing them. In my honest opinion, I would prefer to see my man or even friend in a pair of DC's, Circa's, Puma's, Nike's or something along those lines. Comfortable & trendy. I do respect a sharp man though, with dress shoes and such, but it honestly depends on what else he is bringing to the table, and under what circumstances. Hope that helped. Good luck, but honestly be comfortable wearing whatever YOU like.

0|0
    0|0
    • The idea isn't that I will be wearing these everywhere I go. Would you want your man going to a formal event, or some dressy event in tennis shoes? I hope not. Guys like that look like baffoons. I plan on using it for work, work related, that sort of thing. I'm a young professional but sort of need to have the "work" look. In that regard, I wonder if those are good shoes.

• Show All
    • Grandpas wear sneakers too! (in the right places)

• Those are the cool grandpas, more-so when they sport a cool hat or jacket.

What Girls Said 12

• I vote buy. They're sexy, suave, beautiful, delicious, and any other synonyms you can think of for "pure sex appeal". More guys should be wearing Oxfords like these (they're not wingtips, I'm afraid, but they're still gorgeous), in my opinion; love the broguing on the toecap.

0|1
    0|0
  • They make me think "Cowboy businessman" for some odd reason...

I really like the ones OutOfMyElement43 suggested.

0|0
    0|0
    • Cowboy..yes..buisnessman, yes.

It depends on what you wear them with. Personally, I don't know if I would be attracted to a guy with those shoes. Theyre just too... old-ish?

• I like them!

0|0
    0|0
  • Really nice. Try Kurt Geiger as well, he does some wonderful shoes for blokes.

0|1
    0|0
    • Geiger has some wonderful ones, but couldn't find oxfords there with a mix of two polished colours (I think they call them two-tone) with black/wine, similar to these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/new-BALLY-Chacal-wine-dress-shoes-11-D-US-oxfords-$435+_W0QQitemZ370339777506QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20100225?IMSfp=TL1002251310006r16225

those are discontinued and not exactly the model I'm looking for, and I want them to be darker and roughly-mixed. Do you know who makes similar stuff? :)

• I don't know who would make shoes like that but asos.com is really good for designer brand shoes.

• dapper! I like em.

0|1
    0|0
  • 156 views, no rates? Well then, I rated the question. I honestly think they are a bit dull...

0|0
    0|0
  • They look uncomfortable.

0|0
    0|1
  • i think they're really awsome!

0|1
    0|0
  • I have a pair, so yes, I definitely like them.

1|0
    0|0
  • love 'em :D

0|0
    0|0
  • kinda old fashioned but cute

0|0
    0|0
  • Nice! Especially if worn with a polo shirt...just sayin' : )

0|0
    0|0
    • How about with jeans?

• Yeah, definitely. Go with the European route: a nice shirt and jeans.

What Guys Said 4

• It depends on your purpose. They're a very classy, traditional style of dress shoes, sure to complement a very snappy suit or tux (although brown wouldn't go with a black tux obviously). In terms of a modern, stylish look I doubt these will go well. Get them for their historically classy look, but make sure you only wear them with traditional outfits, not modern ones.

0|0
    0|0
    • They can look amusing with jeans, even better than suit pants! look at this from details.com:

http://www.details.com/images/homepage/Fashion3Way/Sunday/sunday_after_shoes_SSH.jpg

and this

http://www.details.com/images/homepage/Fashion3Way/Sunday/sunday_after_fullbody_SSV.jpg

this stuff is soo 2010!

• Show All
    • Sorry stupid using of words, I meant to say they look wonderful this year, because we don't want to wear them with suits, rather than that we'd prefer neat-washed jeans either cuffed or not cuffed, anything other than these with jeans would feel ridiculous for this season (in my humble opinion), times are changing.

• Understandable. Fashion is very specific to each person, so it's not surprising that we wound up on different viewpoints.

• I would say definitely DON'T buy them. Go for a cap toe, square split toe, or loafers. I say stay away from too trendy, but a little style is good. Wingtips aren't fashionable; haven't been for a decade.

0|1
    0|0
    • I don't like cap toe or square split toe, that seems very trendy, a bit metro, and just not a good look. I like Oxford "regular" shoes. Its more classic, universal. But perhaps a bit of trend with that?

• Show All
    • Haha.. I hate dressing up, but it's a necessary evil. I'm most comfortable in sneaker's, jeans, T-Shirt, and my old baseball cap. My cap is falling apart; I'm praying for one more summer with the cap before it falls apart. I do splurge on expensive sunglasses, go figure.

• We'd dress up hundreds of kids in africa for all that money we waste on brand names lol

what a shallow life!

• wonderful, I bought the same thing from a Portuguese maker 2 months ago, they're not so classic nor too trendy, and they speak out loud "taste", do not hesitate :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Got 'em. They're a bit tight though, will they stretch? Look wonderful.

• i don't really like them

0|0
    0|0