Have you ever seen clothes or shoes that you really wanted, but then you saw the price and seeing it hurt to much that it feels like a kick in?

... the vagina? I am having that feeling right now and thinking to myself "Whhhhyyy you so expensive? ;A;

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah but you have to think of it in cost-per-wear terms.

If you spend $1000 on a classic leather jacket and you wear it 500 times, that's $2 per wear -- which, considering both kinds of "durability" (physical and style-wise), is probably cheaper in the long run than something from the mall. Not to mention substantially more fab.
    If yr on a limited budget, then, obviously you'll have to pick and choose these kinds of items very carefully, but, you really can't go wrong investing in some TRULY classic styles.
    * Classic black pumps
    * Knee high boots
    * A nice black leather jacket
    These items are worth splurging on. In cost-per-wear terms, you'll find that they might become some of the cheapest items in yr whole wardrobe, I swears to ya.

Also -- for everything except shoes -- **IF** yr tastes are not too "trendy", you should be able to re-sell sufficiently upscale clothing at prices very close to what you initially paid for it.
    Just as an example, I have way, way too many Hervé dresses. But, I can consistently sell them for within $50-100 of what I originally paid for them -- after wearing them several times. So, that's less than $10 per wear.

So... yeah. As long as you can rein it in, to the point where you can afford the credit-card bills -- and as long as yr tastes don't run too "trendy", toward clothes that will immediately lose almost all their resale value (I'm lookin' at you, Balmain) -- the more expensive stuff might actually be less expensive, in the long run.

What Guys Said 11

• 1|0
  • When I see that, I immediately despise the item, and render it worthless... I feel completely disgusted by whoever buys it, and for the company that sells it, because they're trying to trick me and assuming that I don't have the judgment to see that it's not worth that. They're taking me for a fool. Shame on them. I want to be respected as a customer, and not be treated like a bag of money

• Nope haven't bought clothes or shoes in years Idgaf about fashion. I do need some shoes but I'm kinda lazy so I just wear the old ones some more even though they're falling apart slowly ;).

• A good quality hunter's parka

• Yes but I wanted these shoes for Christmas so I layer on the couch pouting until I got them

• that's the exact reason I'm not into fashion. what they charge for some things i wonder of they are smokin. .

• I saw a phone I really wanted. Then I saw the price-tag. I could afford it, but I didn't buy it.

I have self-worth problems.

• Not with clothes, but once I saw the price on a 16 GB RAM stick and I was like:
    "WHY MUST YOU HURT ME IN THIS WAY?"
    Also, with people who have interesting sex lives. Or sex lives at all.
    But that was more like envy, not pain.

• I firmly believe that this is a feeling that only women experience.

• I think this is best answered by a woman.

• hahah sometimes

What Girls Said 11

• Yes, I have, @xXiTacoXx but I have Also Gone back, if I really Like them Enough I will Go back the Next time With... Enough.
    End the Pain and Madness, plan ahead for your "Next time."xx

• damn :( i know the feel.. its like when you have a mini heart attack after you viewed the price tag :'(

• Haha yes especially I am a shopaholic chick so it hurts me even more. Sometimes I'd just get it though and I feel like I am burning my cash :/

• YES! There's this dress I desperately want but cannot for the life of me afford.

This one:
    cdn.shopify.com/.../...laxyLSD-WEB-2_1024x1024.jpg

So pretty... 😍😍 so poor.. 😭

• Hah, most of the time, I feel that way buying clothes. Then again, I'm cheap.

• oh yeah, happens pretty often XD

• Hahaha
    Yes.

• Yep, and will still be butt hurt 2 weeks later.

• Yes I recently bought a high quality snowmobile suit the price was ridiculous but well worth it in the end.

• i have never had this problem

• My heart stops for awhile then I get over it.