Guys, what would make you do this?

I'm friends with this guy. He has a girlfriend and we've never been anything other than just friends. Last night around 12:30, he text me " you looked good today :) ". Why would he say that? I mean I appreciate the compliment but he's never said anything like that to me before. And I feel like if his girlfriend

ever saw the text she would be mad, I know I would be.

What Guys Said 1

• He is attracted to u... probably had a fight or rough time with the girlfriend and wants to see if your interested in him.

What Girls Said 1

• she would be. just like if he was your boyfriend and you saw such a text, you would be.

he crossed a boundary texting that. don't go down that road. not going to end well. my friend is currently in a similar situation. the guy has had a girlfriend for a year. and they've been friends for a few months, and recently he's started texting flirtier things that he should. she went along with it because she figured it was friendly flirting. now he's sending very sexually explicit texts and she doesn't know what to do. I told her to cut off the texting but well, she enjoys the attention I think. either way, these things get complicated really quickly, esp. over text, and in the end, more often than not things fizzle out with nothing actually happening, except now you're not really friends anymore, but it's sort of awkward.