What's the difference between hot, cute, pretty, etc?

i never really learned what the difference between them all was :/

Most Helpful Guy

• Here: link

And here: link

As well here: link

And well, here as well: link

Hmmm, well if you haven't got it by now, here is another one: link

One of these should define it for you, I hope. Use the search field at the top right next time :) Comes in very handy for finding posts on the same subject. Have a nice day,

Binary.

• Yes, I did ask this question that's been asked before, but is that really a reason to be rude about it?

• I didn't know I was coming off as a jackass, and I am sorry you perceived me as such. But, a simple search and your question would have been answered. Not that multiple threads are THAT bad, I mean it gives a bigger sample size of OPINIONS. And that is what your statements are, OPINIONS. But that you for voicing them. Indeed, I could have been kinder, and more affectionate. But bluntness is sometimes the best option.

On a lighter note, have a nice day to everyone involved. May peace follow you.

• Ok thanks, :)

What Guys Said 13

• hot - attractive in a way that touches you on a more primal "MUST HAVE SEX WITH YOU NOW!" level. a girl can be hot without being pretty because it comes more from attitude, the way you carry yourself, and your body shape than anything else.

cute - not sure, I don't use this word to describe girls. in fact I don't use the word cute to describe anything other than ingrants or small furry animals. but I think its supposed to mean you're attractive in an innocent and fun kind fo way.

pretty - natural facial beauty. the kind that doesn't need makeup to look beautiful in the face.

• When a guy calls you hot, he's looking at your body

When he calls you beautiful,pretty,cute, he's looking at who you are. not your body

• Hot usually means someone with a curvaceous or tight body ie. one that causes everyone in the room to turn their heads

Pretty usually means someone with a very beautiful or elegant face, body, demeanour or dress sense

Cute means someone who looks innocent and acts like a child. In Asia this usually means someone who has rather large eyes, smiles a lot and makes victory signs with their fingers! ^^ Also someone who is cute can also be both pretty and/or beautiful.

• Cute and pretty are about the same thing, but on one guy's opinion, a girl can be pretty (like a China Doll) but not cute, but cute is almost always pretty too.

Sexy is cute or pretty with a more knowing, positive-toward-men sexual attitude.

• Without coming across as a dirty old man I'll use your pics as an example.

Bathroom pic of you in mirror - Hot - as meant to be I presume. Homecoming pic is pretty. The "i love this pic" pic is sexy. the last pic you flagged as an "inappropriate" pic, I thought was cute. So you see, it's all about interpretation. Not all others will agree with my perception of your pics and will say the last pic was hot and the first is just cute. Or in some other order. Each has his/her own taste. To give you a dictionary definition though is almost impossible for me. I'm not that good a typist and it could/would take a while to explain.

• -Cute is a nice girl with Beautiful eyes and a nice smile, (usually shorter)

-pretty is when a girl has a nice face, but average body (like cute but average hight)

-Hot means the same thing where there is a girl with and average face and awesome body.

-Gorgeous and beautiful are a combination of both hot and cute/pretty.

...and sexy means we the certain individual that we imply the word to we wanna tap.

it just depends on the guys. And yes most guys are into hot but some arnt, just keep trying..

• If it's a guy calling you beautiful/hot/cute, it's just what he thinks you want to hear. Take it from an objective observer, though, that all of them apply.

If it's a guy talking to other guys, hot means conventionally attractive, beautiful means unconventionally attractive, and cute means "I might be gay".

• I don't use hot unless; I'm joking around with my fiancee. Babies and kids are cute. You're pretty.

• Most of what these other people are saying is wrong. Hot means the first reaction to their appearance is felt in your pants, whether due to face, body, or combination of factors. Cute is appealing to the eye and may or may not have pants-appeal; a cute girl, or a puppy. Pretty is usually face-oriented, but is not entirely interchangeable with cute; cute girl, pretty woman.

• pretty- stunning in casual clothing

Cute - looking innocent

Hot- something that makes me breathless

• I think that Cute and pretty are great. Beautiful is super serious, I will only use beautiful if I mean it. Beautiful is a breathe taking thing for me, and it is beautiful inside and out. Hot can be kind of degrading I think because it is very surface level, but cute reminds me of "the girl next door" type, and pretty means good things like cute also.

• Hot means a great body curvaceous body

Pretty means good looking girl could be a good face or something

Cute means a simple girl with a childish persona

these are as per my understanding

• cute = small girls, pretty = just judging ones face, hot = sexy body / pretty face .. cute is pretty much hot, but they are like 5 inches shorter lol. they are all one in the same pretty much. on a side note, wanna bang?

What Girls Said 8

• hot=sexy

cute=datable, has her little quirks to make her adorable

pretty=unique beauty, doesn't have to be hot but could be hot.

that's what my guy friends say anyways.

• I'm going to translate for you:

*Hot-Damn shawty is the sh*t, she so damn sexy,I would definatley F*ck her but I want to be a gentleman

*Cute-she's nice to look at, nothing serious, I might have sex with her, I mean when me and my girl are having problems I'll give her a call

*Pretty-She is too high maintance, I like her a lot though, I would make love to her...I won't ever tell her

*Sexy-I don't even have to use my imagination I can see all the goods...I'm hittin that tonight

• Hot is a girl that everybody turns their heads to look at when she walks through the door. She's the girl that you definitely would want to sleep with. Cute is being pretty, but not a sexy pretty. More natural beauty and innocent looking than girls who are steaming hot. Pretty girls can both naughty or innocent looking.

Nicole Kidman = Pretty

Angelina Jolie = Hot

Ginnifer Goodwin = Cute

• To me, hot means, that the person can't resist you because you're so good looking, cute is where you're sort of hot and that the person might like you a little but maybe not at all, and pretty to me is where you just have good bodily features.

• beautiful: their face is stunning, throughout their whole life they will be good looking (compared to hot, see below)

cute: nice personality, innocent, pure (guys like that--innocent on the outside, naughty in the bedroom)

hot: good body, decent-nice face... hot refers to someone when they are younger, when you are hot when you are young that does not necessarily mean you will be hot when you are older

• This question was asked the other day! Haha.

• I can't explain, exactly... Nor am I a guy, so I don't know what exactly they think.. Sometimes, google images is the best way to go..

Cute : link

Hot : link

Sexy : link

Pretty : link

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say..

haha (:

• well my race we don't say hot we say sexy, frye or bad or jst cute but dey all mean dah same to me bt cute is like dey olrite dey ant ugly