What should I wear for a job interview?

I just graduated recently so this is my first time and I'm really nervous. 😣

Most Helpful Guy

• dress up from what you think they wear over there, not too formal though, unless they dress really formally, thats if you think, if you know how they dress then dress like them

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually opt for conservative but cute, though honestly it kind of depends on what job it's for. I recommend a sweater layered with a collared shirt, dress pants and possibly a blazer. Flats or tasteful heels would go well with this ensemble. And if it's too warm for the sweater, just go with the button down

• thank you :)

• No problem, happy to help! Ladies business casual wear is a tricky maze we all have to deal with at one point or another haha

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 3

• Depends on where you are interviewing and how people dress in this industry / company at your level typically? I would recommend if this is at all possible to walk past those offices in advance and look at how people dress for work, and then try something along those lines. Err on the side of dressing too conservatively, unless you are hoping to join a creative industry (advertising, design, etc).

I work in IT, for example, and wear Jeans, T-shirt & a hoodie to work. That's how 99% of my colleagues, male & female dress at work. It's my work uniform in a way because I want to be known for my work, not my sense of style. In my private life, I also like really girly floral dresses.

... and I just saw that you wrote you will be an accountant... in which case, I would also suggest a skirt suit. Pants are sometimes viewed as too masculine unfortunately (eyeroll). There is also a lady who wears the same outfit to work everyday, and I think this would work in most office places - www.harpersbazaar.com/.../

This would be a good outfit if the place seems a bit more casual. Good luck for the interview!

• Depends on how formal the job you are applying for is?

• A women suit with heels less than 3 inches