Why are tattoos on women considered as slutty to many people?

First of all I don't plan to get one because I am not interested but I know this generalization has been going on for so long. Personally I don't think it determines a person's character but I guess everyone has different opinion huh =]

• Tattoo on women is slutty
  • No it isn't slutty
  • I'm indifferent

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think tattoo's are slutty , there actually rather common on younger women of all types , you'd see just about every type of girl with some sort of tattoo and piercing these days. I do agree a lot of slutty girls have tattoo's but so do a lot of average less sexual girls. I think the slutty ones just show them off more in public , where is other girls have them but you rarely if ever see them. I know at the pub I go to a large % of the girls have at least one tattoo but a lot never show them off , a couple I was surprised to even find out they had one , sometimes only by accident I'd notice it in an instagram pic or something

Most Helpful Girl

• I never got that either. I've actually never gotten the negative connotation about them in general. I think of them as a form of expression.

What Guys Said 28

• We see them a lot on strippers and porn stars and have come to assosiate tattoos with slutty women.

Also women who get tattoos or have piercings tend to have that rebellious, live fast die young mentality and promiscuity is more common with people like that.

I know its not true in all cases but Id be willing to bet money most women with tattoos have had their fair share of casual encounters. Also we know girls lie about their past and dont like it when they are asked so sometimes we just try and guess her past and put her in a box based on whatever information we do have.

• Although tattoos have become much more mainstream, and so "average folks" are getting them sometimes, it's still true that tattoos are *much* more common among the lower-class (ghetto/white-trash), alcoholics, drug-users, and "troubled souls" compared to the bulk of the middle class. And tattoos have always been considered "unclassy" on women in general (and on men to some degree - though that was often part of their attraction; it used to be a "badge of non-conformity" for tough, rough men).

Again, I'm well aware that these stereotypes are no longer true in every case, but they are still true FAR more often than many would like to admit, and so the stereotype continues, and many men prefer women without tattoos and some actively avoid dating women who have them. Perhaps worse, some guys actively seek women who have them, gambling (frequently with success) that they're an indication of insecurity, which can be more easily manipulated by the guy to get sex from her.

You can disagree with those generally-held opinions that so many people have, but you aren't going to change their opinions anytime soon.

• i never saw it as slutty, its simply body art.

maybe they're referring to the tramp stamp.

• It is neither slutty nor not slutty. Some tattoos are cute, some seem like the person is a bit obsessed with tattoos, but none that I have seen give any indication to a girl's level of sexual activity.

• Good that you feel this way. I have noticed many guys assume girls with tattoos are easy or not a girlfriend material.

• men have been searching for centuries for a way to identify 'easy' girls on sight. We still have no idea. Things such as this are, at best, wishful thinking.

But there are also guys who simply find tattoos unattractive. Nothing you can really do about that.

• I have tattoos, myself, so I've never considered them slutty on women, at all. It's simply something that they wanted to get, or something that is special, to them.

I generally enjoy tattoos on women, honestly.

• What kind? I think bigger tattoo doesn't look good on women though.

• I don't think they're slutty, but I'm not generally a fan of tattoos. If they're small they're not so bad, but rarely are they an improvement on the original.

• I don't like tattoos, but you're right: All by itself a tattoo doesn't make a girl slutty. But I don't think they make anyone look better, but that's not the same thing as slutty.

• in my opinion people who think tattoos on girls are slutty, are stupid fools. i think a girl with tattoos is hella hot! yet there are certain places i don't want to see a tattoo like the boobs, belly and her feet. a girls boobs shouldn't be covered with tattoos in my opinion, and neither should the belly. those are cute enough on their own. and tattoos on feet are kind of a waste of cash, because you'll be wearing shoes most of the days, so no one can see those tattoos anyway XD

• Haha right but I guess that is why most people rather get it on some visible parts of their bodies but then they have to deal with the unwanted attention :)

• Trust me the tattoo even make it worst! I have a friend who have them and sometimes when we hang out together for some reasons she seems to attract some creeps that think they can have her anytime.

• maybe thats not necessarily caused by hers tattoos? XD those creeps could've hit on her without those tattoos lol

• It's not slutty to me, no. I just don't really like tattoos on women. I don't like them on anybody really, but in particular I don't like them on women, no.

• it me its just like guys a way to express who they are

• Maybe not among normal people. I would say it's considered "slutty" among many male GaGers. What did you expect? Many of them are just rejected dorky men who deal with their frustrations by spending teh whole day online being bitter.

• It's not slutty to me :)

• Not slutty at all

• depends on WHERE the tattoo is...

• I guess you mean if it is made more on the 'private' part areas?

• yup... cuz thats having a total stranger in those private areas and tattoos take time.

• It's only slutty when you have a tramp stamp or tattoos on genitals.

• Genital? Or do you mean a little on top of the *V* area?

• That's the same thing. I meant on/within the surrounding areas of the genitals if you want to get technical.

• i have different opinion, i think they are cool and they look good on a girl

• This is ridiculous. Tattoo=Sluts , it's like:- Tattoo= Virginity lose.
    no way, wake up people.

• I thought it was my assumption but looking at the poll and some of the people opinions here I guess I am right, though I disagree with it.

• You are 100% right.

• I mean, tattoo is not equal to slut, that thought is 100% right.

• Depends on the theme and where it is at, also tatoos all over a woman just looks strange to me.

• Tattoos on women are very sexy in my opinion.

• I don't know about slutty, but the more she has, the hotter she probably is. Same with piercings.

• Its not slutty, But, In my eyes, it also isn't classy.

• Aren't you ace?

• Sure, but it's still weird to pass judgments on the physical attractiveness of people when you don't experience attraction per se.

• @9mfeo I do not experience a personal attraction per say, but, Im still quite capable of being able to decide if person A is physically more attractive then person B. Dosen't mean i myself am attracted to them, Just... Fml this is confusing.

Aight, Ace people, Like me, When we look at someone, Were not blind ya know, We can very easily tell if they are good looking / bad looking person or not. The same way we know if we look good or bad ourselves. Its just natural. The only difference between someone like you, And someone like me, Is if you saw an ''attractive'' person, You would likely feel sexual attraction too. I do not experience that.

Like, For most girls, If seth rogen stood infront of them they would be like ''Meh'', but if Channing Tatum was infront of them they'd be fucking gagging for the D.

Whereas with me, If i had rosie o'donnell or megan fox infront of me, Id be able to know Megan was more attractive, but i wouldn't feel anything sexual towards either.

• generally anything to do with not being conservative. being conservative is opposite of being slutty right

• For some reason, promiscuous people are more likely to have them.

• It's trashy but it's not slutty. You have the right to get tattoos and I have the right to fire you or not hire you for it.

• It depends on the individual girl and the ink and where it is.

• just trashy.

• I don't know, and I disagree with the people who think tats are slutty.

But they are not attractive IMHO.

• Indifferent

What Girls Said 4

• Ah, yes. The tattoo myth. Drivel. Just like a woman wearing sweatpants meaning she wants to have sex with you is drivel.

• I thought It was my assumption lol but I guess I am right. I mean look at the guys' comments XD

• They're not the most sophisticated or forward-thinking bunch sometimes.

• I have 9 tattoos and i plan to get more!
    Love them and have always wanted loads.

• Wow is it painful to make one?

• Yea u will be fine!

Haha he has none he is not really a tattoo fan atall! But i love them and he is not against me getting them, he knows i would get them even if he said not too haha x

• Wow great! :D

• I dont find it slutty, I think women with tattoos look awesome ;-)

• I think tatoos make women look masculine. I suppose slutty women are more masculine.

• Some may say your eyebrows are shit and make you look masculine. I guess that makes you slutty?

There are hundreds of beautiful women with tattoos, im not saying you shouldn't have an opinion, im just saying its a shit one.

• @Tequila25 Tatoos obviously can't make women promiscuous. But they do make them look more masculine, in my opinion. I also find promiscuous women to be more masculine so I assosciate the two.

• Hmmm i guess if they are covered in them it can be a bit much