What's your opinion on establishments that have their employees wear revealing clothing?

And I'm not talking about places like strip clubs. I'm talking more so like restaurants and places that aren't age restricted, like Hooters.

This question popped into my mind because I recently went out with my family to a place that's pretty much the Irish equivalent to a Hooters. And the girls wear this:

There were guys working there too but according to the website they only work in the back, doing the cooking and such.

I also looked up the requirements for employment and you have to pretty much create a persona and act in an audition, where you'll be judged and determined if you get the job from there. I found it odd.

Another thing to mention: it says on the website that most girls who work there are also in college.

I personally wouldn't want to work in a weird place like that. But what do other people think?

Also I really couldn't think of a guy equivalent for this. I don't really think there are any, at least around where I live.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're right. There's no equivalent where unskilled men can earn that much money.

Where I live they're complaining not about those hooters-type places where its obvious, but rather pretty much -every- restaurant that also serves alcohol biases heavily towards attractive young waitresses who they then encourage/demand where tight dresses and heels.

Some people claim this is an unfair labour violation, that they should be able to dress in slacks etc. like the men would. But the reality is, men are barely hired for these positions, nor are women who aren't attractive. And they have no trouble filling the jobs, because they pay far more then anything else that has such low requirements along with time flexibility.

TBH most of the attractive women i knew in school waitressed at some point, and talked about how it sucked. Of course every else's jobs also sucked, they just didn't pay remotely as well.

• Actually forgot about it - and someone else said it - abercrombie greeter, though it's not as much money. Or working in a gay bar perhaps. But these are pretty small numbers of guys.

Men would be willing to do this, but middle aged women don't seem as likely to choose where to have after work drinks by how hot the waiters are and throw them huge tips for being cute. If they did, the market would be delighted to cater to them.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's fine with me. Many of the girls are aspiring models, many just like the attention and probably are tipped better than more traditional restaurants. It wouldn't be my first choice to dine and won't be applying for a job at one. Nobody is forced to work or patronize the places. As long as it's legal and nothing untoward is going on, I say let the free markets decide. We had a Hooters in my town but it didn't make it. Thankfully.

What Guys Said 27

• I think these establishments are okay. No one forces you to work there and you know the requirements before you take the job. I rarely patronize Hooters and I would not go there just to look at the girls. (I enjoy looking at girls; that just isn't part of my criteria for choosing a restaurant.)

• The most peculiar aspect of the whole phenomena is the trade name given to these sorts of establiments.

Industry insiders call them breastaurants.
    Not making this up.

www.thefiscaltimes.com/.../7-Brazen-Breastaurants-US-2014

• The women take the jobs knowing the dress code. It isn't so different from airline stewardesses having to be a certain size and weight

• As long as the women or men know the dress code, it has been their choice to work there and they either wear it or don't work there. If they did not tell them about the dress code and are just made to wear it on their first day that is different unless it is a place like Hooters where it is well known the type of clothes that are worn there in the first place.

• Girl on left

wait
    is this a rate them question?
    lol jk
    http://i.4cdn.org/pol/1458089512737.gif

• I have nothing against it on any level. The girls know it is part of the job when they apply for it. If they do not want to do it, they can look elsewhere for work. They are not being forced to work there, after all.

• Abercrombie greeter would be a close male equivalent.

It's all part of the theatre and dining experience in my opinion. No harm done really, I imagine it gets more customers in and more tips having a pretty young girl serve the table.

• They recently did a segment about this on Marketplace:
    www.cbc.ca/.../restaurant-dress-codes

I think it's unnecessary. The dress codes can be too strict and the dress codes for guys aren't as strict, so it's a bit sexist. To me, the food and service is more important.

If pussy isn't on the menu I don't care what my waitress looks like :P

• Hahaha I like your answer😆 And I'll check out your segment!

• Some women like the attention and dont mind working in this type of environment at all, while girls like you wouldn't like it, which is normal.
    I never gave it much thought, is just one of those things that are just there and only go there for a bite to eat and a beer with friends.

• I don't mind breastaurants at all. As a matter of fact, I dated a former Hooters girl and contrary to popular belief, most of them are not airheaded bimbos. A majority of them are college students and they can make great money doing what they do.

• I think it's demeaning. And kind of sad that people other than teenagers actually go to these places to see women dressed in provocative outfits. :(

• Some are doing that because that's what the job is about specifically and they know that too. So its their fault they decided to join nobody forces them to do jobs like that like modeling, porn, fake wrestling or whatever, etc. lol

• If the girls know what the uniform is and are happy to wear it before going for the interview then I can't see anything wrong. Some girl actually enjoy dressing in revealing clothes it makes them feel sexy.

• As long as they have customers and can find employees they can do whatever they please. Its all marketing, why change what works?

• Judging by their tips bag they must be raining in tips

• Women have always used their sex appeal for cash and prizes.

• Good. I'd prefer a sexy girl dressed like that to serve me than a common waiter/waitress.

• They wouldn't be in business if girls didn't want to whore themselves for money.

• Legal whorehouses, the lot of them!

• Dressing sexy is okay.

It's for guys entertainment. Guy's who go to these places are either: Spending their only cash (desperate) to see some action OR well of dudes who just want to kill some time by eating great food, having some beautiful women walking around, and watching whatever they want.

It's for money. A friend of mine who is pretty reserved sexually works as a bartender wearing somewhat revealing clothes.

She says:
    It helped her feel more confident in her body (forcing herself to get comfortable with the attention)
    Helped her learn about the different types of guys of out there (ALL sorts)
    and
    Gives her a chance to work on her flirting.

I think it's okay, if you're okay with it.

• Also, the guy equivalent and this is from experience is working at a gay bar and being totally straight.

Is it weird for me? No, I love girls enough to be okay with a few gay guys hitting on me and leaving stacked tips because I was kind and cordial.

• These places are called breasteraunts. So... What else would you expect?

• Its a free country.

• Those restaurants fit that style, so nothing wrong with it at all.

• Hehehe... can ya actually afford workin' to a place like Hooters? Or yer gonna chicken out and feel out of yer place?

Personally I'd go for a cook if Hooters existed in ma fuckin' country... it'd be like I was in a brothel more or less... so I'd bang one of those chicks in da kitchen... why not?

• She chose to work there. She wants the money, using her body. Let her. by the way, that's a place called the tilted kilt. It's like hooters, but not exactly. We don't have a hooters here where i live, but, we do have a tilted kilt

• Jej i love hooters...

• Bigger tits = Bigger tips

What Girls Said 10

• i find it ridiculous lol. id never go to any place where the workers dressed like that.

• Honestly the only reason I don't see a problem with this is because those girls chose to apply. They knew what they were getting into, plus they get tips. Typically college students need the money. Even some stores higher based on looks, they are trying to attract a certain crowd.

• I have no problem with them at all. I would go and I would enjoy it. Those women choose to work there and know what they are getting into. Nobody is forcing them to work there.

Also, there is a male equivalent called Tallywackers, but they only have one location presently. They are located in Dallas and have only been open since May 2015.

http://tallywackers.com/

• selling the product.

• I have a friend who works at hooters and I think it's okay to work there. If you need a job, a job is a job lol. THey actually take really good care of their girls, none of them are allowed out of the establishment without a man escorting them out to their cars/rides to keep them from being kidnapped/harassed. BUT, the thing is, they hire at 16. So yeah, that girl you've been eye fcking for the past half hour is jail bait lmao

• I honestly couldn't care less. They chose the job, knew what they were getting into, and they're all okay with it. Hell, if the food is good, then even I'd eat there.

• The girls know the uniform when they apply. I have nothing against it.

• I agree! Everyone knows what the type of unifrom is at Hooters. I don't know a single person who does not know. The girls know when they apply for the job so they can't complain. If you don't like it then don't apply for the job.

• I think they're tacky, but it's a person's choice to work or eat there...

• they have no brain and they are dumb so they show skin

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more