Who should win the battle of the bridesmaids dresses?

I am headed to a wedding this summer as a bridesmaid along with 5 other girls, 2 of whom I don't know personally. We were just given our instruction on what dress to get, a renttherunway dress (see pic) which I think is one of the best BM dresses I've ever seen. All of us agreed, except for one of the BM's I don't know. Apparently she is really conservative and is refusing to wear the dress. According to the bride, she recieved an email saying that the BM will not wear anything with her shoulders out, or low cut, or a dress that doesn't at least go to the knee. I think the bride knew she was conservative, but not to what extent because wardrobe between the two had never been an issue until now. The bride is anal. Literally all our jewelry, shoes, earrings, hair, and make-up are going to be the exact same... and of course the dress, so I don't think she is going to relent. Is the bride right on this one, and her BM should just wear what she asked for the few hours of the event, or is the BM right to stand firm on not wanting to wear the dress, and I guess, not be in the wedding?

• The bride: it's her day, she has asked her friend to be in it, and she should respect her wishes regarding the wardrobe
  • The bridesmaid: she should not have to compromise on the dress, even for just one day

Most Helpful Girl

• It's the bride's wedding, she gets to decide what she wants her bridesmaids to wear. If that one particular bridesmaid doesn't like it, then she should not be a bridesmaid. It's as simple as that. Of course bridesmaids can voice their opinions and give feedback but ultimately, it's the bride's day and I'm sure she has it in her mind how she wants everything to look.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 4

• It's the brides day. Bride should let her know that the dress is not going to change, and if it makes her BM uncomfortable, she can kindly step down so the Bride can find a replacement BM.

• When you're asked to be a bridesmaid, you go into it knowing that the bride has final say over everything. The bridesmaid has the right to refuse to wear the dress but she should know that she won't be in the wedding anymore. Simple.

• are u serious? get over it and wear the damn dress. it's not your day, and the bride is expecting your support.

• I know it's not my day, LOL, I like the dress, and I'm wearing the damn dress! I don't know the BM who doesn't want to wear it, so it's not like I can call her and tell her to get a grip, but I think my friend, aka, the Bride will end up cutting her for another friend.

• The bride, 100%