I'm a black women with straight hair and I want that after shower look but afraid my hair will look nappy?

i wanna shower my hair and use hair mousse bu I don't know how I will look after I done it. I don't want my hair nappy nor tangle or knotted up, I love try new looks but I don't want evil.

Most Helpful Girl

• try it on a weekend when your not doing much so if it messes up you won't have to rush to get it cute again..

ok this works best if your hair has been relaxed 80% or less. this means, when your hair is wet, does it start curling up? that means your hair isn't bone straight and the bonds that make your hair curl haven't been broken down 100%. if your hair is overprocessed it won't be a good look. its best to have well moisturized healthy relaxed hair that's not bone straight..

now;

1. wash your hair (preferably with a sulfate free shampoo)

2. use a thick rich conditioner in your hair, leave in a few minutes

3. rinse conditioner out and apply a mix of alcohol-free gel, and leave in conditioner to your hands. use a lot if your hair is thicker or longer. well use a lot no matter what!

4. bend your head down so your hair is hanging down to the floor.

5. with your head down, scrunch your product filled hands into your hair. (squeeze the hair and go up closer to your scalp)

6. then DONT TOUCH IT leave it alone and don't keep touching it for more than you have to or it will get too curly or frizy. make sure you use a lotta product so your hair stays wettish

What Guys Said 2

• I suppose it's natural for all of us to want what we don't have. Black women want straighter hair, and white women more curly. White women sit in the sun all day in order to get darker skin, while most black women AVOID sitting in the sun for fear of getting darker. I suppose it's injudicious of me to say so, but, in my opinion you needen't worry too much about the finer points of hair maintenance, as you are a black woman, and for some reason God made them to be more beautiful than any other.

• You never know until you try. If you say you have straight hair then there shouldnt be a reason why your hair would look nappy.

What Girls Said 3

• Well if your straight hair gets tangled up and "nappy" looking, just rinse out the mouse and flat iron your hair straight.

• Idk but there's no harm in trying. Sometimes it's hard to find products for our hair because is just doesn't work like non-women of color. I guess if you use the right products and keep in shiny it will work.

• use curl activating gel. whether your hair is natural or permed it should activate the curls and make them defined. then spray some frizz control spay to keep them in place.