How much would this tattoo cost? Few questions?

How much would this tattoo cost? Few questions?I want this tattoo of the Star of David (a jewish thing) with Hebrew lettering tatted on my right chest. This would be my first tattoo and I don't know much about them. How much would it cost? Time to heal? Would it hurt in the location I want to get it? Do I have to keep it covered with gauze or something until it does feel heal?

Most Helpful Girl

• It'd all depend on who you go to for the price. If you just want it small and in black and white, then it probably won't really cost all that much but you should remember to go for a good tattooist even if they cost a little more, you want something with quality that you won't get embarrassed about. It's best to go for someone a little pricier than someone who'll butcher you and give you a tattoo that you'll want to get covered up later, y'know? :)

Tattoos take a few weeks to heal, maybe up to a month. During this time, they'll scab up a little but you need to leave the scabs alone. If you pick them off, you risk leaving holes with no ink or lighter places in the places you picked off.

It'll hurt everywhere, you're jabbing holes into your skin over and over again with a needle and filling them with ink. That hurts :P The chest has pretty thin coverage over the bone, it's not like your thigh or somewhere like that where there's a lot of fat to help cushion it.

The tattooist will give you aftercare instructions but you basically leave the covering on for a little while (a couple of hours to a day, if I remember right), wash it, apply an ointment or lotion onto it (the tattooist should give you that) and then you don't necessarily have to wrap it up again. It's probably best to do so for extra safety and to stop the stuff getting all over your clothes, but you don't need to.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on location of the shop and the expertise of the artist. Some will charge higher than others. If it is black ink and no colors like red or blue or green, than the price won't be as high.
    The chest is a good location because there is padding and not straight on bone.
    Go to a good tattoo artist, look at online reviews and ask around. if some one is happy with his/her tattoo than they will brag about where they got it.
    Healing takes time, like two weeks to a month. They will scab, so expect it, and leave the scabs alone at all cost. The artist will give you after care instructions, so pay attention to that.
    Good luck

What Girls Said 2

• WOW that looks cool reminds me of illuminati confirmed.. Anyway I think it's cost $60 dollar range? I don't know I'm pretty dumb when it comes to this

• "A Good Tattoo Isn't Cheap, A Cheap Tattoo Isn't Good"
    The price all depends on where you go to get it.

Tattoo aftercare: http://www.tattoojunkies.com/aftercare/

What Guys Said 1

• I'm not Jewish, but I think I remember hearing that Jews weren't meant to get tattoos? Is that right or did I get mixed up?