How do YOU feel about tattoos?

How do YOU feel about tattoos?
What are your opinions on tattoos, everyone? Personally, I like them. The picture is what I am thinking about getting for my first tattoos. The planets tattoo is because I am fascinated with the universe and the Aquarius tattoo is my zodiac. Would you ever get a tattoo? Does it have to be sentimental?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, that's a pretty cool idea.

They don't have to be sentimental, but they have to mean something to you. And that will qualify.

Tattoos create a visual history. They tell a story, they remind you of where you were at certain points in your life; who was important, what was important. The more personal and meaningful to imagery, the more it will resonate with you when you look back on it.

As for me, yes, I have quite a few already, and a couple more in the planning stages.

What Guys Said 14

• I don't like people who have huge ones all over their body to the point were you can't even see skin but I don't mind and even like folks that just have like 1-3 small ones personally I wouldn't mind getting 1-2 small ones and a medium one someday.

A wolf tattoo similar if not this on either the back of my shoulder, or the side of my shoulder. Because I've always loved the wolf and everyone always compares me to one anyway lol.

galleryoftattoosnow.com/.../wolf-tattoo.jpg

I'd like to get my state motto ad astra per aspera which means To the Stars with Difficulty. On either one of my forearms because I'm proud of my state and because of why our quote was written.

Ingalls believed in Kansas, and wrote that "the aspiration of Kansas is to reach the unattainable; its dream is the realization of the impossible." Ingalls chose to live in Kansas because he believed the state had a bright and promising future.

This motto refers not only to the pioneering spirit of the early settlers, but also the difficult times Kansas went through before becoming a state. The anti-slavery forces and slavery proponents waged battles in the electoral process as well as on the battlefield. Kansas earned the nickname “Bloody Kansas” because of the war regarding slavery, much of which was fought on Kansas' soil.

Then maybe another smaller one like this one, not sure were I would put it though.

http://www.ustattoostudios.com/pics/2798.jpg

• I don't get why anyone would get one honestly. I have posted a question on this actually. I personally don't like them, on me or anyone else. I can tolerate small ones sometimes but still wonder why? I think people only do it for attention personally.

• I think they're art.
    Some art is beautiful, some art is shit.
    I personally have two pieces that are connected.
    I don't think it has to be sentimental but if its in a visible spot then it sure as hell would be much easier answering why you chose that art piece if it were.

• I have one right now, probably gonna get another quite soon of my bloodtype for keepsake when im in the fire service

• I am a fan of tats and have two myself. To be honest, if you want to get this, you have a poor taste.

• i dont mind tattoos as long as dont go too far with them a few here and there is fine but nothing huge and dont cover your whole body

• I like them on other people... if done right
    I don't think they would look very good on myself

• It sucks, real bad.
    Never get a tattoo.

• Cool bro 😍😍

• retarded ass tattoos

• I really liked tattoos until I started designing my own. I started learning more about tattoos and the difference between quality tattoo work and other tattoo work and u started liking most tattoos a lot less. Now that I know what to look for a vast majority of tattoos look pretty bad to me or at least they don't look as good as they could. But I still like them. It's a story. I'm not sure if I'm still going to get one or not. I think I may have just grown out of the desire.

• Extremely lame

• Every one is entitled to their own opinion

• Yepp, and you asked for opinions and you got my honest opinion. I've never understood the fascination and very probably never will

• I LOvE them

• They're ok if you're not one to change your mind / tastes and regret it later.

Prominently placed tattoos such as you are considering can and will affect your future employment. It might just mean that you have to always wear long sleeved clothes if doing certain jobs, but that is still quite an inconvenience I'm sure (a former boss had to wear long sleeves shirts always because of his tattoos, because of "corporate culture")

What Girls Said 23

• i love tats that have meaning to them. yours are pretty interesting :)
    i would definitely get tattoos. it'll happen someday, just gotta figure out when lol.

i want 3 tats.

i want a bible verse on my wrist
    i want nefertiti, not sure where
    and i want 'courage, dear heart' along the middle of my spine.

• I don't mind them as long as the person isn't a walking talking tattoo or something. And if I were to get one I would want it to have some sort of meaning or sentimental value to it. I have discussed getting a tattoo with my sister once before though.

• I'm not a huge fan of tattoos on myself. I can appreciate ink on others but on myself not so much. My boyfriend wants a sleeve tattoo which I feel pretty icky about but I suppose it's one of those things and I'm not going to try to change him.

• I like them@\!

• I personally only prefer them if they adhere to a style that I like and are generally not generic.

• I'm not a tattoo person. I don't judge people for having them I just don't want them. I am however curious about the reason for peoples tattoos.

• I love tatt's! I'd be covered in em, but I know I'm very capricious so I decided not to get any or just yet anyway. On other people they look dope AF esp guy's😍 tatt's and piercings it's just body art, self expression.

• I dont have any cause im scare of needles otherwise I would have had at least one already but in so¡me people they look sexy. Im not totally against them but when there are too many on the body for me they stop being attractive and look gross instead.

• 1|1
    • :o What does that say? I can't make it all out lol

• @zorro8888 a lot better.. she has mental issues. Every once in a while she stops taking her meds. But we fix it!

• Glad to hear it! :)

• I like tattoos. I have 4 of them myself. I view them as an artistic form of expression.

• I love them and yeah, I would get one, in fact I was about to, but the price changed my mind lol I want a lion on my back, i see it as a symbol of strenght and passiveness
    I really Idea by the way

• I associate them with people who has mental illness or addictions.

• I like Tattoos! I believe they tell a story and it's a way of expressing yourself! However, I wouldn't ever get one due to the fact that I hate needles Lol!

• They're great for some people but don't suit others. I'd never get one, but I think they're amazing works of artistry.

• It depends. I think people get them too easily/without really thinking, but there are a few that are okay.

• turn off

• O yea I wanna get tattoo when I older on da wrist like that but instead with writings "determination" seems legit

• I like them. I think they look really good and I like any meanings behind them.

• I love tattoos. I have 7 right now but will be getting more. I dont think they all have to have special meanings. We are born a blank canvas and as we get older we get scars, freckles, wrinkles and of course tattoos. They are all unique to a person.

• I have one, that looks like the one Agent 47 (from Hitman) has.
    I also have a tribal one.

• I think they're overrated and i actually have one. Might get it removed in the future. I do think some of them look nice. Like when an attractive guy has a cool sleeve or two

• I have a few. All mean something to me.

• I don't like them because most people look tacky. I have met only a few people with cool designs that look really nice