What do you think when a guy overdresses?

Like, he's obviously wearing really nice clothes for no real reason except to try to look good. However, the situation he's in doesn't really call for such extravagance and he's afraid he looks like he's trying to hard to impress.

So what do you girls think?

Most Helpful Girl

• he's trying too hard, as though he needs to compensate for something. If he's comfortable in his own skin, it shouldnt matter what he walks around in. The nice clothes say that he cares: cares about looking nice (hygene and metro style included) OR that he cares too much what people think. I dated a guy for a year that CONSTANTLY over dressed. eventually I realized he was "making up" for his... Napoleon complex. short guys... always troublesome.. lol. but really, I wouldn't over dress constantly. once in a while is sexy, all the time is insecure and can come across vain.

What Girls Said 5

• I wouldn't think anything of it. I'd probably just comment that he looked extra nice today. I have friends who do things like that, and I do that sometimes myself. I love dressing up for no reason. Nothing quite boosts self-esteem like looking good and feeling good.

• Guys are more handsome when they dress up =]

• I really like when guys try to look nice. I love when my boyfriend gets ready for work in the morning and is all clean and spiffed up in slacks and a sweater... it's a nice change. Men (in my opinion) could try a little harder when it comes to clothes.

• definite turn on

• I would just think he likes to look nice, wouldn't really think much more than that.

You should dress how you want to dress anyway, not how other people want you to.

What Guys Said 0