What can fat girls wear and look cute in?

I'm 5'5 and 184 lbs and most of my weight is in my hips and belly. Almost nowhere else is there fat but my hips and belly which makes it hard to look for clothes that I look good in. My boyfriend and friends are no help because they lie to me and say that I can wear anything and look good. Spring is coming up and I want to look cute but I always end up covering up and wearing sweatpants and an oversized sweater. Any advice for what a fat girl can wear for spring and look cute? I'll put a pic below of how my body looks and you can give me suggestions for what I should wear for my body type.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have no answers to your questions.
    I just want to say I love the candor in your question. The acceptance and the matter-of-fact fashion its written. There's no self deprecation, no sadness in it. Love love love it.

One bit of advice: whatever your new outfits make sure you feel beautiful. As you so clearly are.

Most Helpful Girl

• Avoid big patterns, as they make you look larger. Go for small patterns, such as a dress / top with little polka dots.
    Dresses dresses dresses. You said your biggest parts were your waist and belly? Look for dresses that are a little tighter just under your chest and more flowy underneath , like this
    g03.s.alicdn.com/.../HT1fVUbFLJbXXagOFbXL.jpg
    Same with skirts, I think your should look for high waisted flowy skirts
    i9.dainikbhaskar.com/.../huma_1442315351.jpg
    I hope you find what you're looking for girl :)

• What about pants? I live in Canada and my legs will get frostbite if I wear skirts unless it's in the summer lol

• You can totally wear dresses and skirts with tights :)
      I would suggest avoiding elephant boot pants because they'll make your legs look like tree trunks haha (A friend of mine has been there lol). Try getting black , high waisted pants, as black makes you look slimmer and the high waist can hide your stomach if it makes you uncomfortable.

What Guys Said 10

• Wear yoga pants... AND HIT THE GYM!!

• Ewww fat girls like me can't wear yoga pants I think you mean sweatpants and I wish I could hit the gym but I can't do anything life changing until I get my ovarian cysts or maybe my ovaries taken out. I may get a gastric bypass as well if my doc allows it.

• Hi I suggest uvwear something loose like skirts etc which don't make u look fat

• kekekekekekee

• wear smaller printed patterns, wear vertical stripes. a black long sleeve v neck button up and some blue jeans looks great on any body shape. www.google.ca/search
    or wear something revealing with a summer cardigan.
    www.google.ca/search

• wearing things that are oversized will make you look bigger. Don't wear really short shorts. I suggest shorts that are just above the knee. A-line skirts are good for hot weather also make those just above the knee. There are tons of A-line summer dresses that look great too. Also pair any of the pants or skirts with a blouse (loose but not baggy)

• Dressing in clothes that fit you properly. A lot of bigger women wear tight clothes that only show how big they are. Not sexy.

• Not that blanket or whatever that is.. Definitely not that..

• Lol yeah my aunty gave it to me because she was too big for it and it's a blanket scarf I wore it closed up so no one could see how disgusting I am.

• I am no fashion expert but. ..

• anything which doesn't show their fat hanging over their jeans.

no muffin tops please

• Fat girls don't look good in anything, lose some weight

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 12

• You need to start dressing to your strengths instead of looking like you've taken your bed sheets out in public.

Like with this outfit you need to unroll your waistline and wear your leggings properly, wear an actual shirt over that tank top, and make sure that the shirt covers your entire bra. Then take the animal print throw thing down to the Good Will and never buy anything like it again.

Dressing well is all about proportions and where things hit you. That's how you create a silhouette. You can use your silhouette to create illusions of being thinner, taller, shorter, bustier, etc...

• Unroll my waistline? As in stand up properly? I had to get shorter to fit in the mirror lol so I leaned back a bit. And yeah I wore that blanket scarf to hide how hideous I look underneath it. The students at my school have never seen my real body because I always look like I'm wearing a potato sack and I purposely get shirts and pants larger than my size like I'll get an XL even though I usually can fit a medium shirt and I'll get size 14 jeans even though I fit size 11 perfectly. I always want to hide what's underneath because I'm scared of people judging me.

• You're not hideous at all. you just need to be kind to yourself.

With leggings you have to pull them up over your natural waist otherwise they'll fall down all the time. They're supposed to go over your stomach silly ;)

I think something that would be good for you to learn is how different pieces and types of clothes are supposed to fit and how they're supposed to be worn. Like go and learn how to try on a pair of jeans and then see if any of your jeans fit properly.

• She can wear sport clothes and go to the gym and start diet that's what im doin. Summer's comminn girll and winter's workout is summer's body. We all can have nice bodies if we planned to (;;

• Lol I wish but I can't exercise until my ovarian cysts are taken out and I'm getting that done in the late summer so I gotta fucking wait! Hopefully they take out my ovaries as well because I don't want these things to grow back.

• You said you don't have fat anywhere else but I see it in your face and arms. Fat usually does distribute everywhere. You should check this youtuber out, LoeyLane, who is a plus-sized model. Her fashion sense is great and she wears outfits that flatter her shape. In the mean time though you should consider incorporating some exercise into your routine. It's good for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSc0HS0No2g

• Try to attract attention to your legs and shoulders instead of your stomach

• Wear whatever you wanna wear.
    Really.
    You do look cute.
    Just buy clothes that fit and you won't go wrong.
    Its when people try abd squeeze into something way too small, it looks bad.

• I'd say: whatever you wear, always wear your size. And maybe like cute dresses. Lay the attention, if that's way you want, on other parts of your body. You could wear v-necks for instance to show of a little cleavage. I think tailored jackets also always work well.

• Wear whatever makes YOU comfortable. Im a thick girl too and all I do is make sure i wear the right size and that i am comfortable

• Wear fit and flare dresses, like the ones with the ruffles. Maybe cardigans and cute sweaters? Also a jean jacket could look cute with a skirt. Hope this helps.

• Oh girl you do not know how fucking cute I look with a jean jacket on with a black flowery skirt! MMMM! But unfortunately I had to give my jean jacket to a homeless woman wearing a tattered sweater.

• aw well I guess you could get a new one for cheap!

• Your around my sisters height and weight.

She wears stretchy jeans,

Hoodies, t-shirts-tank tops- sweaters.

Sometimes Capris.

• Wear dark clothes, cause black makes j look more slim.

• I think you would look great in a cute dress. And you already look cute 😊

• Aww thanks but that double chin angle makes me look my my aunty and she's 400 lbs lol

• Steer clear of stripes running horizontally, they give off the illusion of looking larger. Maybe a dress with ruffles and tips with ruffles.