Eye shadow stay on!

how do I get to keep my eyeshadow to stay on without fading away, I'm always re-applying it cause it always fades away every 30 mins

i don't use MAC or ULTRA products because their expensive, I only use drug store products.

any tips/ideas?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're concerned about saving money, I'd recommend the L'Oreal DeCrease primer that some other girls mentioned. It's always worked beautifully for me and I don't have a bad thing to say about it. I also have Revlon's Vital Radiance smoothing eye primer, and it works really well too. I hear that they've discontinued it though, so I'd go for the L'Oreal primer if I were you. =]

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 12

• i've been doing professional theatre makeup for a while. when we want some serious color, and we want it to last with even coverage, we apply a light shade of shadow (white, silver) like a primer. it absorbs the oil of your skin and dilutes... instead of your desired top layer of [colored] eye shadow. its cheap, fast, and works. good luck! (p.s. I agree with spending that extra buck on sephora primer)

• I use a cream base underneath my powder eye shadow. Sometimes you can get it in a stick application.

• Put concealer on your lids before applying your eyeshadow. It sticks better that way. Also if you really want it to stay on for hours, close your eyes and spray a load of hairspray over your face afterwards. Works a treat.

• One word for you: primer. I'd really recommend investing in a good one like the Urban Decay Primer Potion (works best for oily lids, I think) or the Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

As for drugstore products, I agree with the other girls. Definitely go with L'Oreal Decrease!

Oh and just so you know, if you do buy the primer potion you'll have to cut it open eventually 'cause the packaging sucks and there is so much product the wand can't get to.

• Put concealer or primer around your eyes. There are cheap ones everywhere. It doesn't have to be a primer specifically for eyes either, just an all over face one.

• get primer or a stay-on concealer to coat your lids before applying your shadow :)

• Use a primer first. If you do switch to an ULTA or Sephora eyeshow, you might be spending more but the quality is fantastic.

• Alot of people put clear lip gloss on there eyelids then dab on the eye shdow. it lasts all day(:

• use primer

• Well you can probably poke around your local drugstore, l'oreal makes one that fills in lines, I don't really use eye primer but my friend does and she got it at sephora. If you want a discount join sephoras loyalty club, beauty insideR

• If it is THAT important to you.

Instead of buying SEVERAL drug store products save some money and buy ONE good product. They do last longer.

• Eye primer. Works like a charm.

• Where can I get those?

and which one do you recommend?

• There's L'Oreal DeCrease. that's the only drugstore one I've seen, its only around $7. All other primers can be found at Sephora or ULTA, and are usually $20, but they do work, and last a long time.

• You took the words right out my mouth lol